Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FCS playoffs and bowl games? It's a thought (STATS FCS article)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

Thumbs down FCS playoffs and bowl games? It's a thought (STATS FCS article)

There are people in the FCS who feel the three-week gap between the playoff semifinals and the national championship is about a week too long.
    It includes some of the participants who have ventured to the bowl-like week in early January in Frisco, Texas.

((read the remainder of the article here-----> http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ec&tm=&src=FCS )

--------------------------------------
    I don't think there is enough general interest in FCS football, like the interest in big-state-U of the FBS world, for something like FCS bowl games to be successful.
    POTUS #46, joseph r. biden - "Blacks..racial jungle"
    POTUS #45, donald j. trump -
    "Blacks are STUPID"
    Bison Fan in NW MN-"Hey farrahkan, burn any businesses lately?"
    Nickels - "My "127.3 soaking wet" ass will meet you anytime. Come to Houston and send me a PM. ... I'm near Yale and Rutland but I will meet your worthless black ass anywhere in the city.
    edit - Yale and 27th. Near Rutland."

AGS FCS Champion

Re: FCS playoffs and bowl games? It's a thought (STATS FCS article)

I stopped reading when it said Football Gameplan.......

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    I stopped reading when it said Football Gameplan.......
    In spite of FBGP being the source, I read on... bowls for those that don't make the playoffs? More unwatchable bowl games by horrible teams. no thanks!

The Celebration Bowl works because it has TV, sponsors, and fan bases willing to travel to a central location. Many pre-Christmas bowls struggle to get even that, and it shows, not to mention the fact that multiple bowls in a single metro area dilutes overall interest. There are now four bowl games in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, not counting the divisional championship game, and three in Orlando.

And this scenario: what if one of the lower level bowls (e.g., Las Vegas Bowl, Bahamas Bowl, etc.) invited the Missouri Valley or Big Sky champions outright, mindful of what they would bring to the gate?
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

My Team
    South Dakota State

If they did male bowl games, you’d have to put them in places close enough for fans. Not all teams travel well like NDSU. SDSU fans would only go as far as Minnesota with a solid crowd. I’d say only Quarterfinal teams play in bowl games. The 4 teams who lost there plus the 2 semifinal losers, 3 games in total.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
    If they did male bowl games, you’d have to put them in places close enough for fans. Not all teams travel well like NDSU. SDSU fans would only go as far as Minnesota with a solid crowd. I’d say only Quarterfinal teams play in bowl games. The 4 teams who lost there plus the 2 semifinal losers, 3 games in total.
    Yeah, well at least they'd have testicles...
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Didn’t read the article, but I could see FCS Bowl games as ‘extensions’ of FBS Bowls, probably UNofficial extensions for any big bowls, but maybe some of the smaller ones could see it as a way to increase out-of-town attendance & add this sort of thing to their overall package. Let’s say Tennessee is playing Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in ATL. Once those Teams were determined, you could...maybe match up UT-Martín or Tennessee Tech vs. Furman or Wofford (if any of those didn’t make the Playoffs) in a game the night before the FBS game in the same venue or at a nearby, smaller venue. The fans of the FCS Programs might find spending to go to both worthwhile & maybe some of the FBS Team’s fans would ‘adopt’ the FCS program from their area for the week & attend the FCS game.

I’m not saying this is a good idea. There’s a lot about it that I despise...but it could work...in some situations & with the right people driving it. Personally, if either of my FCS Teams was playing in a “Jr” Bowl in the same location as Clemson (Grad Alma Mater) or Georgia (Family Members’ Alma Mater) in a fun location, I would think about making the trip and attending both, whereas, otherwise, I’m good with watching the FBS game from the couch...maybe, if I watch it at all.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

I like this part.

""You get rid of the whole 'we got snubbed'," Hashagene said. "OK, you did, fair enough. But you've got a bowl game to play.""

You can't play for a National Championship but go play in this crap bowl game that will not be on ESPN or ESPN2.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas, UC Davis, Chicago, MIT

FYI, just curious about past bowls involving FCS, e.g. Ivy Bowl... what was it and who faced who?
    Will FCS football survive the mess created by the NIL saga?

---
    AGS Countdown Maven since 2019
    AGS Schedule Maven since 2022

My Team
    Sam Houston State

This is stupid as hell...if your team isn’t good enough to make the playoffs, then their season should be over! No one wants to play in a bowl game that is basically an appetizer for the championship. Its pointless! No one wants to play in a bowl game with a crowd of 500 and literally nobody watching on TV. It makes no sense at all.

The postseason needs to include the playoffs. And only the playoffs.