Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FCS Vs FBS 2018

Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    And we all know why he quit. Didn't want to face the music that he knew was coming.
    So if Nick Saban suddenly resigns this summer we will know why.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost06 View Post
    The Citadel caused another SEC coach to be fired too. Their upset of Arkansas in 1992 caused Jack Crowe to lose his job (the day after the game). Apparently the shame of losing to the bellhops is too much for their alumni to stomach.

PS, I was rooting for El Cid in both games and was happy for them.

That was a good day. Pig fans jumping off bridges. Fires set to stores. Cats and dogs sleeping together. Earthquakes. Famine. Desolation of desolations.

Bear fans laughed.

Talk about a team that doesn't belong in the SEC.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous

FCS Expert

WIU at Illinois should be on this list

Last year, Illinois went 2-10 with a only 3-pt win over Ball State and 13-pt win over Western Kentucky. At the end of the season, Sagarin had the Illini ranked #126 in all of DI, below teams like Akron, UNLV, and UMass. In fact, by ranking alone, they would have been 8th in the MVFC, ahead of only SIU, MSU, and INSU. Most sites I've looked at aren't projecting U of I to improve much, if any, this year vs last year.

Last year, WIU went 8-4 with regular season losses to USD, NDSU, and SDSU (all playoff teams) and then by 2 points at Weber State in the playoffs. At the end of the season, Sagarin had the Leathernecks ranked #82 in all of DI. How things will change from last year to this year remains to be seen, since it's harder to find predictions for FCS teams this far out. WIU has also beaten FBS teams in each of the last two years (although not P5 teams).

If the game was played at the end of last season, Massey's matchup predictor has WIU a likely 27-24 winner, with about a 59% win probability.

I'm not saying we will win, or that we'll even be favored, but I think the matchup is close enough to at least deserve a mention.
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

"Time is money; Money is power; Power is pizza; Pizza is knowledge. Let's go!"

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Yes, when I am joking around; proper context and perfect truth are limitations that I tend to ignore. Címon, have you ever actually seen a duck, a monkey, and a toucan walk into a bar?

Almost, but I think the toucan flew in.

Major FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar

I know this is an article about FCS taking on the bigger of the big boys, but the MWC sure thinks it is the P6.

1. UC Davis at San Jose State, 30AUG18

http://www.espn.com/college-football...state-spartans

2. Portland State at Nevada, 1SEP18

http://www.espn.com/college-football...vada-wolf-pack

3. Duq at Hawaii, 22SEP18

http://www.espn.com/college-football...inbow-warriors

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    WIU at Illinois should be on this list

Last year, Illinois went 2-10 with a only 3-pt win over Ball State and 13-pt win over Western Kentucky. At the end of the season, Sagarin had the Illini ranked #126 in all of DI, below teams like Akron, UNLV, and UMass. In fact, by ranking alone, they would have been 8th in the MVFC, ahead of only SIU, MSU, and INSU. Most sites I've looked at aren't projecting U of I to improve much, if any, this year vs last year.

Last year, WIU went 8-4 with regular season losses to USD, NDSU, and SDSU (all playoff teams) and then by 2 points at Weber State in the playoffs. At the end of the season, Sagarin had the Leathernecks ranked #82 in all of DI. How things will change from last year to this year remains to be seen, since it's harder to find predictions for FCS teams this far out. WIU has also beaten FBS teams in each of the last two years (although not P5 teams).

If the game was played at the end of last season, Massey's matchup predictor has WIU a likely 27-24 winner, with about a 59% win probability.

I'm not saying we will win, or that we'll even be favored, but I think the matchup is close enough to at least deserve a mention.
    WIU can definitely win if they’re as good as last year. I’d say WIU wins 31-28.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost06 View Post
    The Citadel caused another SEC coach to be fired too. Their upset of Arkansas in 1992 caused Jack Crowe to lose his job (the day after the game). Apparently the shame of losing to the bellhops is too much for their alumni to stomach.

PS, I was rooting for El Cid in both games and was happy for them.
    I remember it well. Razorback implosion.

Anyone want to bite on UNH over Colorado? Would have been a good candidate for this particular list.
    "We're New Hampshire born and we're New Hampshire bred and when we die we'll be New Hampshire dead, so it's ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, pride of the granite state !"

Quote Originally Posted by Mattymc727 View Post
    Anyone want to bite on UNH over Colorado? Would have been a good candidate for this particular list.
    A couple of years ago for sure. But ive seen the Buffs in person a few times last 2 seasons and they've turned a small corner or 2. Have gotten much better at developing talent.
    Sundown in the Paris of the prairie
    Wheat Kings have all their treasures buried

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Schism55 View Post
    A couple of years ago for sure. But ive seen the Buffs in person a few times last 2 seasons and they've turned a small corner or 2. Have gotten much better at developing talent.

This here.

Buffs will smoke UNH this here.