Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: FCS Vs FBS 2018

  1. #11
    Top FCS Ruler FUBeAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    1,969

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    And yet....were we not the last FCS team to beat an SEC team?

    Hmm. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
    No way. I just learned on here last night that no FCS Team could ever beat an SEC Team...unless they do & then itís because the FBS Team didnít try/didnít care/dog ate their homework/couldnít get a cab...or something like that.

    But, you are 100% correct. I just went to Mr. Haleyís Twitter account to defend yíallís honor by reminding him of what you reminded me of...but he didnít Tweet about that article...so...sorry. Itís the thought that counts, right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.


  2. #12
    AGS FCS Champion
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    No way. I just learned on here last night that no FCS Team could ever beat an SEC Team...unless they do & then itís because the FBS Team didnít try/didnít care/dog ate their homework/couldnít get a cab...or something like that.

    But, you are 100% correct. I just went to Mr. Haleyís Twitter account to defend yíallís honor by reminding him of what you reminded me of...but he didnít Tweet about that article...so...sorry. Itís the thought that counts, right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL. Too funny. I guess USC just didn't care that day. But we manhandled them in the trenches and our FB ran through them with ease most of the day. No doubt we played our "A" game for 60 minutes. They did not. Doesn't matter. A "W" is a W regardless of the reason.

    Any level team playing any other level team has to play good enough to win. If they lose, that means they were not as good as the other team that day. And that is all that matters. Doesn't matter what the reason or that they might win 9 out 10, or even 99 out of 100. It really is that simple.

  3. #13
    FCS Master RootinFerDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,398

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    The article is FCS upsets over power 5 opponents which is why Kennesaw @ Georgia State is not listed.
    It could be FCS upsets over FBS teams and Georgia State would still get overlooked.

  4. #14
    AGS FCS Champion
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    It could be FCS upsets over FBS teams and Georgia State would still get overlooked.
    I can't stop laughing.

  5. #15
    AGS FCS Champion
    Go Lehigh TU owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    On the Move
    Posts
    17,657

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    No way. I just learned on here last night that no FCS Team could ever beat an SEC Team...unless they do & then itís because the FBS Team didnít try/didnít care/dog ate their homework/couldnít get a cab...or something like that.

    But, you are 100% correct. I just went to Mr. Haleyís Twitter account to defend yíallís honor by reminding him of what you reminded me of...but he didnít Tweet about that article...so...sorry. Itís the thought that counts, right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You continue to make comments without proper context. I never said what you're referencing or anything close. FCS teams have beaten SEC teams (Maine vs 3-8 Mississippi State, Jacksonville State vs 4-8 Ole Miss, The Citadel vs 3-9 South Carolina when Spurrier quit midseason come to mind) and will continue to do so. Transitional Georgia Southern beat a 4-8 Florida team in 2014. FCS will not however, beat SEC teams that finished ranked but maybe once every 15-25 years? If that?

    Your Bears fought hard on the scoreboard (14 pts) but ultimately lost to a damn good Auburn team. In addition to a nice moral victory you got some positive exposure in the Southeast and a great payday. That's commendable but at the end of the day I think there's better accomplishments to be had for a young program.

    I can't wait for the Yale-Mercer game this year!
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

  6. #16
    Top FCS Ruler FUBeAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    1,969

    FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    You continue to make comments without proper context. I never said what you're referencing or anything close. FCS teams have beaten SEC teams (Maine vs 3-8 Mississippi State, Jacksonville State vs 4-8 Ole Miss, The Citadel vs 3-9 South Carolina when Spurrier quit midseason come to mind) and will continue to do so. Transitional Georgia Southern beat a 4-8 Florida team in 2014. FCS will not however, beat SEC teams that finished ranked but maybe once every 15-25 years? If that?

    Your Bears fought hard on the scoreboard (14 pts) but ultimately lost to a damn good Auburn team. In addition to a nice moral victory you got some positive exposure in the Southeast and a great payday. That's commendable but at the end of the day I think there's better accomplishments to be had for a young program.

    I can't wait for the Yale-Mercer game this year!
    Yes, when I am joking around; proper context and perfect truth are limitations that I tend to ignore. Címon, have you ever actually seen a duck, a monkey, and a toucan walk into a bar?

    Planning to be in New Haven that day. Going to a Football Game is about the only way I would ever be allowed anywhere near an Ivy League campus. Should be fun.

    Hope the outcome will be much better than my last trip North with the Bears. Went up to Marist with a shot to win the PFL & make the FCS Playoffs in their 1st year playing Football since 1942 and, instead, turned the ball over 6 times (after only turning it over 9 times in 10 prior games) leading to a relatively ugly loss to a very good Marist Team. On the other hand, it was sunny & about 60 degrees in NY in Mid-November & the campus was way-cool & tailgating on the banks of the Hudson River didnít suck. All-in-all, I had a great time & expect to in CT, as well.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FUBeAR; June 6th, 2018 at 08:58 PM.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.


  7. #17
    Master FCS Advocate grayghost06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    333

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    It could be FCS upsets over FBS teams and Georgia State would still get overlooked.
    So very true. If Georgia State wins a game at Turner Field, but no one is there watching,....did they really win?

  8. #18
    AGS FCS Champion
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post

    The Citadel vs 3-9 South Carolina when Spurrier quit midseason come to mind)
    And we all know why he quit. Didn't want to face the music that he knew was coming.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

  9. #19
    Master FCS Advocate grayghost06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    333

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    And we all know why he quit. Didn't want to face the music that he knew was coming.
    The Citadel caused another SEC coach to be fired too. Their upset of Arkansas in 1992 caused Jack Crowe to lose his job (the day after the game). Apparently the shame of losing to the bellhops is too much for their alumni to stomach.

    PS, I was rooting for El Cid in both games and was happy for them.

  10. #20
    AGS Sausage King Bisonoline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    11,379

    Re: FCS Vs FBS 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by grayghost06 View Post
    The Citadel caused another SEC coach to be fired too. Their upset of Arkansas in 1992 caused Jack Crowe to lose his job (the day after the game). Apparently the shame of losing to the bellhops is too much for their alumni to stomach.

    PS, I was rooting for El Cid in both games and was happy for them.
    I was at that game.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!



Similar Threads

  1. 2018-what would you consider a success?
    By Milktruck74 in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: March 17th, 2018, 11:24 PM
  2. 2018 Schedules
    By kdinva in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 17th, 2014, 09:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •