Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
Furman, Samford and Chatt make the playoffs from SoCon. Wofford has the talent but new coach learning curve. SoCon will not get 4 teams in playoffs. I think Chatt has the talent and learned from the debacle of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wofford is an enigma this year. I was not in the room, so I don’t know what the plan was, but from an outsider’s perspective it sure does look like they’ve had an awful offseason. I don’t I have seen a program bungle the transition from long-time coach to successor like Wofford did this year.

That said, the Terrier’s should have a stout defense. Will it matter that the new defensive coordinator is (I think) in his late 20s and has never coached in the SoCon? Lookign at their coaching staff, it appears only one defensive coach has ever been a full time primary position coach at the D1 level, and he was the defensive line coach at VMI (arguably the worst FCS team in the country). Will that inexperience make a difference? Especially with a first year head coach?

Offensively, they’ve lost a lot of talented players. Wade Lang is a veteran coach, but even Wofford fans have grown weary of his lack of offensive creativity and aversion to the forward pass.

The Terriers were the league’s most veteran squad last year and won by razor thin margins all season. This season they will have arguably a less talented team lead by a largely inexperienced coaching staff going against a league where most of the teams return most of their key contributors. In my opinion, they’ll go as far as their defense will carry them