Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Who has the worst visitors' locker room in FCS?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    SDSU used to have visitors in Frost Arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Required big daddy Dyke to throw some money around for y'all.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 & '17 National Champions

AGS FCS Champion FormerPokeCenter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ASU33 View Post
    Nicholls State has to be #1

Northwestern State's is smaller and worse, if you can imagine that...
    - Former Poke Center

Proud Participant in The 24 Hours of Booty bicycle ride to raise money for the war on cancer, July 24-25, 7 pm to 7 pm, at Queens University and Myers Park Traditional School, Charlotte, NC. All monies raised go to toward LiveSTRONG and a variety of cancer fighting initiatives devoted to early detection, survivorship and research. All donations are tax deductible.

To contribute, go to:

https://events.24foundation.org/fundraise?fcid=889656

Our visitor's accommodations are very good according to this article. They were built when the entire football complex were built.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    This is a fun one. Back in the day, The Citadel’s (now houses their grounds crew’s chemicals & only about 30 people at a time could fit in there) & Chatt’s (cold, drafty, 5’ high shower nozzles that barely dripped cold-only water & pretty much handi-wipes for towels) were hilariously awful. I guess Furman’s were actuall worse prior to ‘81...cuz we didn’t really have any (other than a little shed), but all visiting teams stayed in the hotel a short walk away & Players dressed & showered there.

But now, even though the facility, as a whole, is wonderful, Mercer’s may be the worst in the SoCon. The locker room, itself, isn’t so bad; even though it was ‘created’ from the old indoor baseball batting cages. It’s that there are NO SHOWERS. Players have to walk up to the basketball gym to shower & there are no locker rooms up there...and the walkway is a major ‘thoroughfare’ for fans to exit the stadium. So, nekkid Players with just towels wrapped around their waists, are sharing the sidewalk with (mostly) Mercer Fans. One group is always jubilant & the other is always pissed off. I don’t think there have been any incidents yet, but it is certainly less than ideal...although some of the coeds seem to like it.

The Players also hate Samford’s. It’s adjacent to the stadium, but it’s still about 1/2 mile from the field & uphill & up about 1,000 steps to get there...both ways.
    30 years ago a VMI player told me that Citadel's room, that day, had THREE working showers for 60 players, etc...

And, Samford's new FB building at the South endzone, does not have visiting team facilities?
    1-AA is tops!!

Northwestern State

Class of 1994
    Eat’em Up Kats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    I cant remember but it is either WIU or ISUb that requires you to leave the vicintiy of the stadium and walk for days to get to the locker rooms.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Its WIU. ISUb is 10yds from the field and its the old home locker room so its not bad. back in the 90s it was either ISUb or (SW)Missouri St.

Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
    30 years ago a VMI player told me that Citadel's room, that day, had THREE working showers for 60 players, etc...

And, Samford's new FB building at the South endzone, does not have visiting team facilities?
    Sounds about right for ElCid, but only about 30 at a time could even fit in that small room under the lead-paint-coated stands. You had to wait your turn outside right next to the gate where they marched the Corps of Cadets in & out; so that always led to some hilarious VERBAL ONLY (they ain’t that stupid) exchanges.

On Sammy, the South end is where the Bullpups dressed. In 2014, the visiting team went way up the hill, to the back of what I guess is their basketball arena. So kinda similar to Mercer’s situation, but I think there is enough space up there that they didn’t have to store their clothes elsewhere & do the semi-nekkid walk like they have to do in Macon. I was at the FU game there this past year and I think I remember them still using that facility...no, wait...maybe not, at halftime, they just went & hung out in the end zone, like a PeeWee game. Ain’t FCS great? So much more color than the ‘big boys.’

BTW - the Keydets’ visitors locker room was no great shakes back in the day either. There was enough room - it was a big empty room with lockers around the 4 walls, but the lockers were standard issue high school gym lockers, so not big enough to store anything. So, we just left all our stuff in big piles on the floor...which was great for the thief/thieves that broke in during the 2nd half of the FU ‘79 game (a heart-breaking 21-20 loss for the ‘Dins on a missed XP) and took every single one of our wallets, watches, etc. Pretty funny when their insurance adjuster came to interview us in GVL the next week. Guys that hadn’t seen $100 in cash their entire lives inexplicably were carrying $300 with them that day, along with their new Rolexes, and full length leather coats. If we’d made that XP, I bet VMI’s insurance carrier would have gotten off a lot lighter...maybe not.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

When Floren Varsity House was built, Dartmouth got a state-of-the-art locker room and gave its old locker room (where I dressed) to the visitors. So they are in good shape. In my day, the visitors had some pretty cramped spaces, but I don't recall it being that bad.

While I haven't seen all of them, I'd say that among the PL and Ivy, its Georgetown with the smallest visitors' locker room.

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Yep. Required big daddy Dyke to throw some money around for y'all.
    I think you mean to say, “Thank you Mr Dykhouse.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Sounds about right for ElCid, ...........BTW - the Keydets’ visitors locker room was no great shakes back in the day either. There was enough room - it was a big empty room with lockers around the 4 walls, but the lockers were standard issue high school gym lockers, so not big enough to store anything. So, we just left all our stuff in big piles on the floor...which was great for the thief/thieves that broke in during the 2nd half of the FU ‘79 game (a heart-breaking 21-20 loss for the ‘Dins on a missed XP) and took every single one of our wallets, watches, etc. Pretty funny when their insurance adjuster came to interview us in GVL the next week. Guys that hadn’t seen $100 in cash their entire lives inexplicably were carrying $300 with them that day, along with their new Rolexes, and full length leather coats. If we’d made that XP, I bet VMI’s insurance carrier would have gotten off a lot lighter...maybe not.
    I don't remember that........I hope the perps got caught and drummed out (If they were indeed cadets...).

Vis. locker room was re-vamped about 12 years ago....still not fancy, got about four of those 9" long poles per "locker" to hang stuff, but enough space for 60-62.....and 12 working shower heads....
    1-AA is tops!!