Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Master FCS Advocate andthehomeofthe-BIZON-'s Avatar

Give me your Best give me your Worst

As we get into the doldrums of the off season other posters have talked about going back and watching non-conference teams games from last season. Challenge: Post or list a game in which your team played up to their potential. Best Game. Then post or list your biggest dumpster fire.

Re: Give me your Best give me your Worst

Quote Originally Posted by andthehomeofthe-BIZON- View Post
    As we get into the doldrums of the off season other posters have talked about going back and watching non-conference teams games from last season. Challenge: Post or list a game in which your team played up to their potential. Best Game. Then post or list your biggest dumpster fire.
    For SDSU if this includes conference games, I’d say last year against NDSU was great or the playoff game vs New Hampshire. The biggest dumpster fire was against JMU, no close 2nd.

Best game was the game we played at SFA when we beat them 35-0. I can't decide in which game we played the worst. I want to say the opening game at Nicholls because we really should have won that game. But we probably played the worst at UCA, when it seemed like everything that could go wrong did.

Doc

First Class FCS Ruler Redbird 4th & short's Avatar

This is way too easy for ISUr .. and we have several choices as 2017's Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde team of the year !!!!

Worst ... NAU or SIU in consecutive weeks .. pick your poison !! I'll take SIU as worst of 2 .. Spack lost the team for first time in long time. I can explain what went wrong at NAU .. I can not explain SIU. It was bad on both sides of ball. Could also have take InSU and WIU games .. great 1st halves followed by horrible 2nd halves. This is why Spack fired 4 offensive coaches .. maddening inconsistencies on offense.

Best ... USD (38-21 win, defense had 13 QBHs + 2 sacks, 6 PBUs and 2 picks) or YSU .. I'll take USD because they were full strength at time .. and because I know YSU had just completed a murderous row trip, though we destroyed (45-0) a very good but worn out team at their place for homecoming.

FCS Expert

My team: Western Illinois

Our best: All of our OOC, I'd say. We went on the road for all three games, playing two full-scholarship FCS teams (Tennessee Tech and Northern Arizona) and a first-year FBS team (Coastal Carolina) and winning all three by an average of 29 points.

Our worst: South Dakota State...lots of mistakes, some questionable ref calls, just an overall ugly game where the Jackrabbits outscored us 21-0 in the third quarter en route to a 28-point win in front of all of ~2k fans (although even that seems like an overestimation).
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

"Time is money; Money is power; Power is pizza; Pizza is knowledge. Let's go!"

Best was probably the wins at UCA or Georgia Southern, I don't think anyone expected that for maybe some die hard fans?

Worst could be the loss at SDSU, but they were a much better team. Id say the worst was either Holy Cross or the regular season ender at Albany, barfffff
    "We're New Hampshire born and we're New Hampshire bred and when we die we'll be New Hampshire dead, so it's ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, pride of the granite state !"

UND's Best = Missouri State 34-0 win in second game of the season.

UND's worst = give me a few hours to break it down and see which one was "worse".........
    Poster formerly named:
    Sioux

2017 was a strange year for YSU

The OOC games pretty much went as planned, scrimmage games with a close OT loss to PITT.

Conference play YSU seemed to be a contender beating SDSU soundly at home then blowing a lead to NDSU in the final minute.

Then the dumpster fires broke out especially the 35-0 loss to ISU red
    Play the game the way it was supposed to be played

Best: Furman had a lot of impressive wins. It's easy to look at the complete dismantling of the Citadel, but I look at the Mercer game. Furman won a gutty 7 point victory against a good Bears team at home. The Paladins converted 4 fourth downs (and I believe scored TDs on each of those drives). Watching a coaching staff have complete confidence in an offensive line to step up and push back arguably the best defense in the league four times on fourth down was just impressive to watch.

Worst: None of Furman's losses were particularly awful. They looked young and rusty early in the season against Elon and Wofford. The playoff game against Wofford was probably the ugliest game, but that was the third straight game against a tough defense on the road with a few guys out.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

SDSU was a dumpster fire for NDSU
    Sam Houston was the best game.
    Living the Dream