Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Expert

Re: Who's your rival?

Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
    We have no real rivalry. The truth is whoever can beat us twice in four years. Otherwise we don't care. We especially don't care about the UNDies.
    Basically if you beat us in a certain amount of time, NDSU fans get angry and want nothing more than seeing you lose to us 5 times in a row.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 & '17 National Champions

We don't really have one yet. UIW came into FCS with us, but weren't around in the LSC long enough to become rivals before the transition. Since we have gone to the SLC we haven't been competitive enough to build a rivalry...

AGS FCS Expert

NDSU for the Dakota Marker Game and USeD for the Little Brown Jug, both of which currently reside in Brookings

Dakota Marker

Technically the Marker hasn’t been around all that long, started in 2004 and SDSU has a record of 6-8 in Marker specific games. The playoff games don’t count towards the Marker.
    This series has been played since 1903 with 107 meetings between the two. NDSU leads 60-42-5. The game is generally known nationally and a very hyped matchup every year between two top ten programs more often than not recently. Considered the “brotherly” rivalry, it’s generally been the friendlier rivalry between fanbases. That is starting to change IMO, you can sense the tension and dislike grow a little more every year. Especially since the Marker has changed its address to Brookings the last two years.

More info: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Marker

SDSU/USeD

This one is a little older, going all the way back to 1889, with 113 meetings between the two programs. SDSU is on a 9 game win streak and has lost a total of three games to the yotes since 1989. The rivalry was put on hold when SDSU made the jump to FCS until both teams were in the MVFC. The last loss for SDSU in this series was November 4, 2000. That means when the game is played this year, there will be kids who are legal to vote and buy cigarettes who were born after the last yote victory over SDSU. SDSU leases the series 54-52-7.

More info: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sout...otball_rivalry

To explain the difference in the rivalry’s to people who aren’t Jacks fans I say this. We want to beat the cows in the worst way and love beating them. We never want to lose to the yotes because that would be embarrassing.

*Thats just my personal feelings, but I feel it echoes the general fanbase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Basically if you beat us in a certain amount of time, NDSU fans get angry and want nothing more than seeing you lose to us 5 times in a row.
    Very similar to a tantrum

I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

For us it would be:

1a-Tuskegee- The schools are 36 miles apart and this is one of the oldest rivalries in HBCU football. Sadly we've only beaten Tuskegee 4 times since 1998. We hate Tuskegee and they hate us. Period!

1b-Alabama A&M- We meet half way in Birmingham every year in the Magic City Classic which is one of the largest attended games in FCS yearly with 63,000+ at Legion Field. Since 2002 9 meetings have been decided by a possession or less. Outside of the game this is one of the biggest sporting events in the country with over 100,000 people coming into town, week long tailgating, celebrities, concerts, and everything else.

2. Alcorn State-recently this game has grown in importance. Alcorn has won the SWAC's Eastern Division 4 years in a row and we've loss close to them the last few years.

3. Savannah State- The game was played annually in Columbus, Georgia from 1951-2005 but was discontinued after the rivalry became non competitive and increasingly one sided. Before the rivalry ended this game would draw 25,000 into tiny McClung Stadium in Columbus and had an unreal tailgate experience. Alabama State had won 16 meetings in a row before the game was discontinued in 2004 with the last 6 meetings all being decided by 30 points or more. Because of this the crowd size shrunk from 25,000 to less than 10,000 in 2004. There was a nasty lawsuit between the schools once the series ended and for years the two weren't on "speaking terms". The game returned for 2 seasons in 2008 and 2009 but only drew about 12,000. There has been talks recently about bringing the game back but no terms have been agreed on.

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    For Lehigh

1. Lafayette - No Question
    2. Colgate - The Raiders have emerged as Lehigh's 2nd biggest game of the year over the last 20 years
    3. Delaware - Because it still should matter a lot
    Agree sort of . We should stick Penn in there also.

For Western Carolina......

.......still looking for a rival

Seems as everyone in the SoCon is already taken.

ETSU - Chattanooga
    Furman - Wofford
    The Citadel - VMI
    Samford - Mercer
    Western Carolina - ???? (maybe in the future - ETSU. or Furman, or maybe Mercer)

AGS FCS Champion

Indiana State...

Always get jacked for Tree week.

For the older McNeese fans it will always be USL (ULL, or U (whatever the hell) L they want to call themselves now. Even, if we don't ever play them in football but once a blue moon.

Doc

Major FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar

For the Admin, is there a way to highlight on the FCS spreadsheet with each of the rivalry games?

November 10th is going to be a great game in Moscow.