Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: PRINCETON ANNOUNCES TOP-RANKED RECRUITING CLASS IN FCS

Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
    Not sure it would be epic beating. Talent matters, some of the Ivy's are at the MAC, lower MW level same as NDSU. NDSU's player development and strength programs are superior. I could see the Ivy Champion hanging in with NDSU for a half, and then losing 34-20.
    Maybe the champ could keep it to two TD's but I doubt it. How would be ever know. As far as I am concerned it would be a 4 TD beat down against virtually every team in that conference unless they are willing to prove us wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog10jw View Post
    The hypocritical bias against post season football, when all other Ivy sports can participate, is a disgrace.
    Yes. Unfair to the athletes when you don't let them compete for a championship.
    Buffalo Lake Laker
    Ridgewater Warrior
    MNState Maverick

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    Maybe the champ could keep it to two TD's but I doubt it. How would be ever know. As far as I am concerned it would be a 4 TD beat down against virtually every team in that conference unless they are willing to prove us wrong.

NDSU would curb stomp every Ivy team by at least 4 TDs and the Ivy Champ or best team might hang around a little longer because Coach K took the foot off the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    NDSU would curb stomp every Ivy team by at least 4 TDs and the Ivy Champ or best team might hang around a little longer because Coach K took the foot off the pedal.
    Maybe, we’ll never know until they let their teams play in the playoffs.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
    Maybe, we’ll never know until they let their teams play in the playoffs.

No argument from me. I wish NDSU would schedule a better Ivy FB team but they would not come to Fargo.

AGS FCS Champion

Depends on the year and the IL opponent. The top IL teams are really good. It is a damn shame they don't compete in the playoffs but that doesn't take away from the actual quality of their teams.

Yale plays Mercer this season which should be a good barometer nationally. The IL does have some pretty good CAA scalps in recent years....
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

No argument from me. I wish NDSU would schedule a better Ivy FB team but they would not come to Fargo.
    It's less about Fargo and more about scheduling. Ivy teams don't begin until week three of the season, where the MVFC season begins in week four.

This also begs the question if NDSU would return the game. A home game with Robert Morris is easier to sell than a road trip to Yale.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

In order to justify the travel the Ivy League schools prefer to schedule opponents in recruiting hot beds or where there is significant alumni. North Dakota doesn't fit either qualification. I think you are much more likely to see Sam Houston State or James Madison scheduled by an Ivy school rather than North Dakota State for that reason. Those are two opponents I would love to see Yale schedule. Another is Delaware. By recently scheduling Mercer and Richmond I think Yale is moving in the direction.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    It's less about Fargo and more about scheduling. Ivy teams don't begin until week three of the season, where the MVFC season begins in week four.

This also begs the question if NDSU would return the game. A home game with Robert Morris is easier to sell than a road trip to Yale.
    I absolutely think NDSU would do and H and H against a top Ivy program and I think you would be surprised how many people from out here would go to that game on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    I absolutely think NDSU would do and H and H against a top Ivy program and I think you would be surprised how many people from out here would go to that game on the east coast.
    I would go out for a game in a heart beat. Have always wanted to take in a game at some of the Ivy's and wander around campus.