The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Re: PRINCETON ANNOUNCES TOP-RANKED RECRUITING CLASS IN FCS

Cool story bro.

First Class FCS Ruler VandalBasher's Avatar
    My Team
    Idaho Vandals

I counted, with my public education, 31 recruits. Did Princeton have 31 schollys to give? Or does the Ivy League operate off of different guidelines and rules than the 63 scholarship level?

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    I counted, with my public education, 31 recruits. Did Princeton have 31 schollys to give? Or does the Ivy League operate off of different guidelines and rules than the 63 scholarship level?
    Ivy League, like the Service Academies, and D3 give no athletics scholarships; thus, are not subject to (most) NCAA rules associated with “Recruited Athletes,” such as the 63 rule you cited, but also, I believe, includes the numbers they can bring in with each class & other roster limitations (85 / 95, etc.). The Service Academies do have limits on the number of Total Official Visits they can provide, but I think they have ‘special’ rules allowing them to bring in more prospects on Official visits than other D1 FBS programs. Not sure of the numbers or if that rule still is in place, but I know it used to be.

* My education is a blend of public & private. I can, therefore, with some certainty, confirm your count of 31 is accurate.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Ivy League, like the Service Academies, and D3 give no athletics scholarships; thus, are not subject to (most) NCAA rules associated with “Recruited Athletes,” such as the 63 rule you cited, but also, I believe, includes the numbers they can bring in with each class & other roster limitations (85 / 95, etc.). The Service Academies do have limits on the number of Total Official Visits they can provide, but I think they have ‘special’ rules allowing them to bring in more prospects on Official visits than other D1 FBS programs. Not sure of the numbers or if that rule still is in place, but I know it used to be.

* My education is a blend of public & private. I can, therefore, with some certainty, confirm your count of 31 is accurate.
    Ivies are not subject to NCAA athletic aid limits since all their aid is need based. In reality Harvard Yale and Princeton with their extremely generous need policy for all students have a substantial advantage in recruiting. The only limitations for Ivies is their own rule limiting recruited players to no more than a rolling average of 30 over a 4 year period and the Academic Index.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    Ivies are not subject to NCAA athletic aid limits since all their aid is need based. In reality Harvard Yale and Princeton with their extremely generous need policy for all students have a substantial advantage in recruiting. .
    Dartmouth is closing in on them.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dartm...133416695.html

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    Good start. It is interesting to observe the "arms" race in the Ivies regarding athletic aid. So in time the armed will be HYP and Dartmouth. Who else will will escalate to fully "armed"?

On the Breast of Old South Mountain
    My Team
    Lehigh

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    Ivies under different rules. The "Big 3" have substantial financial aid packages that roughly give a full ride to any student admitted whose family income is under $150K--which covers a hell of a lot of families.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
    Ivies under different rules. The "Big 3" have substantial financial aid packages that roughly give a full ride to any student admitted whose family income is under $150K--which covers a hell of a lot of families.
    My understanding is that Dartmouth and Penn aren't too far behind the Big Three in financial aid. Brown and Cornell aren't as good. Not sure where precisely Columbia falls on the spectrum...

My Team
    North Dakota State

Hero sports has 3 of the top 6 classes in the Ivy league. Too bad we won't get to see how they stack up on the national stage.