Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Upsets

AGS FCS Champion

Re: 2018 Upsets

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    This is going to be a well attended game. I don't think anyone actually thought Kennesaw St. would be at this level, this fast.
    I think they are the most well-performed of the upstart teams in all of NCAA Football. I can think of a few others like UMHB but Kennesaw surprised all of us.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
    Tim Murphy Retirement Watch: now ongoing ... so that Harvard football will move toward relevance again.

In the meantime, I will cheer for Stony Brook and ETSU besides the Crimson.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Oh man KSU is going to bang them like a drum. How far GSU has fallen chasing that sun belt pie in the sky.
    GSU would have been fine, if they wouldn't have hired Tyson Summers - they should never have let Willie Fritz leave for LESS MONEY. Their AD and President ducked up bad by not saying they'd give him a contract.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 & '17 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    GSU would have been fine, if they wouldn't have hired Tyson Summers - they should never have let Willie Fritz leave for LESS MONEY. Their AD and President ducked up bad by not saying they'd give him a contract.
    What?
    Poster formerly named:
    Sioux

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bonarae View Post
    I think they are the most well-performed of the upstart teams in all of NCAA Football. I can think of a few others like UMHB but Kennesaw surprised all of us.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
    Kennesaw is a big school (over 35,000) which certainly helps.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese75 View Post
    Kennesaw is a big school (over 35,000) which certainly helps.
    There start had been much better than Georgia State. Speaking of which Georgia State will have their hands full with the Owls this fall.

Cornell over Delaware. Cornell has nearly their entire starting defense returning, a huge offensive line and their starting QB and RB returning. Last year Cornell had 5 turnovers against Delaware. If they avoid turning the ball over this year they will pull off the upset.

Season Upset: It looks like theSoCon is shaping up to be a 3 horse race, and my Mocs are not in it. I'm not calling an upset SoCon Championship for my Mocs, not even a playoff berth.....however, I think my Mocs will have a deciding win on who the eventual SoCon Champ is (or rather, who isn't). They will beat one of the three, and with a bunch of 7/8 win teams crowding the top of the traditional conferences, the SoCon may only be a 2 bid league....the Mocs may let somebody focus on Basketball early this season.
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Milktruck74 View Post
    Season Upset: It looks like theSoCon is shaping up to be a 3 horse race, and my Mocs are not in it. I'm not calling an upset SoCon Championship for my Mocs, not even a playoff berth.....however, I think my Mocs will have a deciding win on who the eventual SoCon Champ is (or rather, who isn't). They will beat one of the three, and with a bunch of 7/8 win teams crowding the top of the traditional conferences, the SoCon may only be a 2 bid league....the Mocs may let somebody focus on Basketball early this season.
    Rebuilding sucks doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
    SDSU over Iowa State could happen. Iowa State is starting to get good under Campbell, should be good.
    I just don't see this happening, and I would be willing to bet that Iowa State covers a -21 spread. Taryn Christion is good, don't get me wrong.. but those numbers are highly indicative of what Goedert and Wieneke brought to the table. The true test of Christion this year will be what he is capable of without the best TE in all of College Football last year and a WR that is going to make waves in the NFL.

I love the FCS and would love to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    You are confusing your GSU’s.