Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: "The Game" 2018 Sold Out After four days

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eli View Post

Furthmore, the stated reason for moving The Game to Fenway this year is so that Harvard can begin renovations to Harvard Stadium. These renovations will reduce the seating capacity of Harvard Stadium to a mere 22,000. So sadly, I think we've seen the last Yale-Harvard game at Harvard Stadium for quite a while. Of course, The Game will continue to be played at the Yale Bowl every other year.
    Serious consideration should be given to playing Yale-Harvard at the Bowl every year.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog10jw View Post
    Serious consideration should be given to playing Yale-Harvard at the Bowl every year.
    Don't hold your breath on that one, friend. People are grumbling about having the Ivy Basketball tournament at the Palestra.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    Don't hold your breath on that one, friend. People are grumbling about having the Ivy Basketball tournament at the Palestra.
    Obviously, it unrealistic. I wonder what the ticket prices would be for a game at the Stadium with a capacity of 22k

Major FCS Advocate CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog10jw View Post
    15k is a long shot. Possible if Maine really travels well, but probably too early in the season. Fair weather Yale fans will want to see what kind of a team Yale has before showing up for games. Good weather = 10-12k. I hope Son of Eli is right and I'm wrong.

Did you know that Maine was the 2nd opponent ever to play in the Bowl. The first game in the Bowl was against Harvard to end the 1914 season. The second game in the Bowl was against Maine to open the 1915 season.
    Nice trivia about Maine being 2nd team ever to play in the Bowl. Was surprised to see Maine had played there another 8 times between 1913 and 1937, see attached link on the history of Maine & Yale, really looking forward to this trip.
    https://www.pressherald.com/2015/10/...-the-gridiron/

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eli View Post
    Fenway holds at least 38,686 for football, which was the announced attendance of the Notre Dame-Boston College game. With temporary bleachers in the end zone Harvard stadium only holds 31,662, which was the announced attendance of the 2016 rendition of The Game. So even with the current configurations permanently moving the game to Fenway makes economic sense. This is especially true when one considers the inflated ticket prices they can charge for Fenway. I paid $125 for each of my eight tickets.

Furthmore, the stated reason for moving The Game to Fenway this year is so that Harvard can begin renovations to Harvard Stadium. These renovations will reduce the seating capacity of Harvard Stadium to a mere 22,000. So sadly, I think we've seen the last Yale-Harvard game at Harvard Stadium for quite a while. Of course, The Game will continue to be played at the Yale Bowl every other year.
    22,000? That flat-out sucks. Even the new Princeton stadium holds 28,000. When I went to Harvard, they managed to squeeze in about 41,000 seats for the Yale game with temporary bleachers. At one point, the place held over 57,000.
    Friends don't let friends go to Penn!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivytalk View Post
    22,000? That flat-out sucks. Even the new Princeton stadium holds 28,000.
    And they've only used those 28,000 seats a handful of times when the current Princeton Stadium opened twenty years ago.

Dartmouth downsized Memorial Field from 23,000 to 11,000 a few years ago. And we've sold out the place just once since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    And they've only used those 28,000 seats a handful of times when the current Princeton Stadium opened twenty years ago.

Dartmouth downsized Memorial Field from 23,000 to 11,000 a few years ago. And we've sold out the place just once since then.
    Who was that sell out against?