Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
This kinda surprised me. NDSU has had great success in the FCS in this decade but they have done it as a team overall but have had some really talented players YEARLY winning Nattys! UCA, only FCS post season eligible since 2010, has had a good W/L record but struggled when it came to the playoffs...yet both teams have had 4 players drafted. That's strange to see. I thought NDSU would have had more drafted by far than UCA. This confirms my thoughts that they win because they play as a team...

Very good observation. On the FCS level, it is very rare to see that one player that truly takes over the game (thinking about RG3 at Baylor-esque type of performance). We see players have breakout games, but I really don't see those that are consistently (week in and week out) the entire production of a team....and if we do, those team end up wearing out that kid as the season goes on. NDSU has a ton of talent, but so do plenty of other teams at our level, they just have figured out a better way to use that talent!!!