Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    FCS Master Milktruck74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A Moc in Buc land....Johnson City TN
    Posts
    2,247

    FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    A few surprises here. Keep in mind these are DRAFT PICKS...many FCS players go undrafted, yet make an impact on a roster.

    https://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...n-2010s-042318
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!​ Every time I see that movie, I root for Xavier!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    FCS Master Milktruck74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A Moc in Buc land....Johnson City TN
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    A little Stats manipulation....Players at Montana were 7 times more likely to be drafted than those at Furman, Jacksonville State, New Hampshire, North Carolina A&T, Sam Houston State, South Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin, and Weber State. And more than twice as likely than those at Eastern Illinois, Georgia Southern, Illinois State, James Madison, Maine, Southern Illinois, Villanova, Delaware, Montana State, Northern Iowa, Richmond, South Dakota, Citadel and Youngstown State.
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!​ Every time I see that movie, I root for Xavier!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    AGS FCS Champion DFW HOYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,047

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    Where is the Patriot League right now in developing draftable talent? Four players in the last 29 years.

    Last Draft Pick
    Bucknell...2017 (prior to 2017, 1969)
    Lehigh...2011
    Fordham...2010
    Holy Cross...1989
    Colgate...1988
    Lafayette...1987
    Georgetown...1945
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

  4. #4
    AGS FCS Master aceinthehole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,202

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Where is the Patriot League right now in developing draftable talent? Four players in the last 29 years.

    Last Draft Pick
    Bucknell...2017 (prior to 2017, 1969)
    Lehigh...2011
    Fordham...2010
    Holy Cross...1989
    Colgate...1988
    Lafayette...1987
    Georgetown...1945
    Last DRAFTED players from current NEC Football schools:

    2007, Justise Hairston - CCSU
    2002, DeVeren Johnson - Sacred Heart
    1996, Tim Hall - Robert Morris
    1965,
    Rich Kotite - Wagner
    1951,
    Ralph Longmore - Duquesne
    1944
    , Ed Stofko - Saint Francis (PA)
    N/A - Bryant

    and from former NEC teams:

    2009,
    John Nalbone - Monmouth
    2007,
    Rashad Barksdale - Albany
    N/A - Stony Brook
    N/A - St. John's (NY)

    NEC Football Champions

    2004 - 2005 - 2009 - 2010
    2017 - FCS Playoffs

  5. #5
    AGS FCS Champion
    BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,800

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    4 – Central Arkansas, Chattanooga, Coastal Carolina, North Dakota State, Samford and Tennessee State
    This kinda surprised me. NDSU has had great success in the FCS in this decade but they have done it as a team overall but have had some really talented players YEARLY winning Nattys! UCA, only FCS post season eligible since 2010, has had a good W/L record but struggled when it came to the playoffs...yet both teams have had 4 players drafted. That's strange to see. I thought NDSU would have had more drafted by far than UCA. This confirms my thoughts that they win because they play as a team...
    He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
    ---St. Francis of Assissi

  6. #6
    AGS FCS Champion
    Go Lehigh TU owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    On a Golf Course
    Posts
    18,960

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Where is the Patriot League right now in developing draftable talent? Four players in the last 29 years.

    Last Draft Pick
    Bucknell...2017 (prior to 2017, 1969)
    Lehigh...2011
    Fordham...2010
    Holy Cross...1989
    Colgate...1988
    Lafayette...1987
    Georgetown...1945
    Based on the numbers it's obvious not many FCS players get drafted. So I don't see to much of an issue with the PL's number. Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham have had elite FCS talent in recent years. If a certain players is good enough to get drafted, awesome. If they're good enough to earn a camp spot great. If their degree gets them a great job just as well.

    Spadola might have been a late rounder if not for twitter gate. As it turned out, he managed to see some regular season action as a UDFA. I'm surprised Pelletier is not getting more love. He seems like a next level talent to me. TP is bigger than Spadola is.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

  7. #7
    AGS FCS Champion
    IBleedYellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    6,380

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    This kinda surprised me. NDSU has had great success in the FCS in this decade but they have done it as a team overall but have had some really talented players YEARLY winning Nattys! UCA, only FCS post season eligible since 2010, has had a good W/L record but struggled when it came to the playoffs...yet both teams have had 4 players drafted. That's strange to see. I thought NDSU would have had more drafted by far than UCA. This confirms my thoughts that they win because they play as a team...
    A more accurate number would be to go look @ the amount that are on current (err well last year) rosters. https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...17-nfl-rosters

    NDSU has multiple guys per year that got undrafted free agents and then stick around. John Crockett and CJ Smith are two that I'm already thinking of off the top of my head.

    2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 & '17 National Champions



  8. #8
    AGS FCS Champion
    centennial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The mountains of CO
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    This kinda surprised me. NDSU has had great success in the FCS in this decade but they have done it as a team overall but have had some really talented players YEARLY winning Nattys! UCA, only FCS post season eligible since 2010, has had a good W/L record but struggled when it came to the playoffs...yet both teams have had 4 players drafted. That's strange to see. I thought NDSU would have had more drafted by far than UCA. This confirms my thoughts that they win because they play as a team...
    2 players didn't get drafted with injuries, but they were low rounders. Another 1-2 did not try to go to the NFL, also chance at low rounds. But NDSU has a lot of G5 like talent playing well, just not enough high skill blue chip players. Every year 1-2 players will get picked up as UDFA, mostly they'll get cut.

  9. #9
    Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    371

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._the_NFL_Draft

    Not a very long list. But, I would like to see another thread regarding Super Bowl rings.

  10. #10
    AGS FCS Champion SmallCollegeFBFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,355

    Re: FCS Draft Picks by school since 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    Based on the numbers it's obvious not many FCS players get drafted. So I don't see to much of an issue with the PL's number. Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham have had elite FCS talent in recent years. If a certain players is good enough to get drafted, awesome. If they're good enough to earn a camp spot great. If their degree gets them a great job just as well.

    Spadola might have been a late rounder if not for twitter gate. As it turned out, he managed to see some regular season action as a UDFA. I'm surprised Pelletier is not getting more love. He seems like a next level talent to me. TP is bigger than Spadola is.
    Spadola was 50/50 and I doubt Twitter effected it. Sometimes the draft just does not go in your favor.

Similar Threads

  1. Potential FCS Draft Picks for 2018 NFL Draft
    By SmallCollegeFBFan in forum The Ins & Outs of FCS
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: May 4th, 2018, 09:40 AM
  2. 2010 UFL FCS AND SMALL SCHOOL DRAFT SELECTIONS
    By c15683 in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 4th, 2010, 09:09 PM
  3. Potential Draft Picks from Your School?
    By Eight Legger in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: March 13th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •