Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
Augie does have a baseball team, and a pretty good one, they're currently 24-1 so not bad.
It would stabilize the conference in that case adding a baseball program so the SL wouldn't have to worry about losing the auto in all sports if they drop below the 6 baseball programs they have currently. Augie also fits right into the geographic footprint of the SL. Considering that I don't think Fort Wayne (and their baseball program) will be around much longer it would also ensure that the SL maintains at least a 16 game conference basketball schedule (or the ideal 18 games for as long as Fort Wayne would be around).

I wouldn't be thrilled about the NCC 2.0 part of it either but it would further stabilize the Summit League. I'm sure the SD schools would be staunchly opposed to it given their ties to the Sioux Falls market but almost everyone else in the conference would benefit.

Of course that's all from the non-football POV. Football I don't think it does much of anything except give the northern/western MVFC schools a cupcake OOC game if they want it.