Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN+

Re: ESPN+

I doubt we have to pay for ESPN3 any time soon, but maybe this is a step that way. ESPN3 seems to cover the FCS okay, especially during playoff time. But to pay for it just to watch a few games per weekend would stink!

AGS FCS Champion

It does not matter to me. If SlingTV moves this over to their "sports package" and jumps the price by $5 to $10, my bill would still only be $50 a month instead of $45 to see FCS football. I already pay for the sports package.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"I think you might have missed my comments. Princeton's QB John Lovett is the best player in the FCS" - World

Quote Originally Posted by UAalum72 View Post
    This may save me money if it means not using the Ivy League Network, which charges from $9.95 for a single game or $15.95 per month for the occasional games Albany plays vs. the IL
    Here's the Ivy release on the topic.

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/news/...agreement.aspx

I actually didn't renew my ILDN subscription last year because most Dartmouth games were available on other channels. I missed two or three games. I lived.

For my monthly multimedia bill (internet, Netflix, amazon prime, Sling TV etc..) it will be “bye bye” Hulu and “hello” ESPN +.

Might be nice to be able to subscribe to the service during the football season only.
    South Dakota State Jackrabbits, FCS Playoffs, '09, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Honestly though, it's only $5. You're spending more for your internet access to look at this message board.

If it means I can get all games easily accessible in streaming format for my entire conference, maybe even all conferences nationwide, I won't hesitate to pay $5/month.
    And Netflix is only $12 for unlimited online movies and DVD rentals. It will star low and get jacked up little by little until they feel pain from people dropping it. I am sure $5 is the get you hooked price. Then it will be 9.99, then 15, then 20. Hopefully the conferences drop them and go back to conference run video.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    And Netflix is only $12 for unlimited online movies and DVD rentals. It will star low and get jacked up little by little until they feel pain from people dropping it. I am sure $5 is the get you hooked price. Then it will be 9.99, then 15, then 20. Hopefully the conferences drop them and go back to conference run video.
    If they do go this route, I am fine with it, as long as NDSU never has to be a part of the MVFC Game of the Week. It is on par with Jay Walker calling a game.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"I think you might have missed my comments. Princeton's QB John Lovett is the best player in the FCS" - World

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The MVFC (and the SLC I believe as well) does have a TV contract with ESPN that stipulates that all conference games and some OOC games will be available on ESPN3: http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/20...-espn3-tv-deal

So I'd guess that the MVFC does get something from ESPN... although I'm sure it's peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
    The MVFC deal is 100% tied to the MVCs deal with ESPN. The SL sea is its own thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Playoff records of teams I follow since 1991:Twins: 6-22 (.214)
    UNI: 20-16 (.556)Vikings: 7-14 (.333)Wolves: 17-30 (.362)Wild: 25-43 (.367)
    Combined 75-125 (.375) 0 Titles
    Yet people wonder why I'm jaded about sports....

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Welcome to Capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Welcome to Capitalism.
    Without capitalism, we would be stuck with 280p quality streams, or no streams at all. Who would invest the money to develop better cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeFootball/

http://pluto.tv/watch/classic-movies-channel

For Big Sky Conference games, Pluto TV and Root Sports Channel have been outstanding. Has anyone had their team live stream through Facebook?
    Pluto is garbage. Constant buffering and low quality production from most of the Big Sky schools. I have planned to watch multiple games that didn't have audio, or the screen was black until the games were 1/3 or 1/2 over. UND had a football game a couple years ago that was on Pluto's schedule, but it didn't even get aired. The Pluto App also streams games at a lower quality than watchbigsky.com somehow.

Can't wait to pay $5 for a quality stream with our move to the Summit.