Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst team to make the playoffs?

Re: Worst team to make the playoffs?

I vote Monmouth from last year. They had just lost by 31 the last week of the regular season and must have fizzled out from a good start to the season. I dont know if they had any injuries or anything....?
    I watch some of the UNI Vs. Monmouth game and UNI couldn't have beat them any worse. It was 46-0 in the third quarter and they were just blowing them off the ball.

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Quote Originally Posted by downbythebeach View Post
    I vote Monmouth from last year. They had just lost by 31 the last week of the regular season and must have fizzled out from a good start to the season. I dont know if they had any injuries or anything....?
    I watch some of the UNI Vs. Monmouth game and UNI couldn't have beat them any worse. It was 46-0 in the third quarter and they were just blowing them off the ball.
    It legit was like watching a high school team play against UNI. Size, speed, play calling (that’s saying something against UNI), etc. were all as por as I’d ever seen from an opponent outside those winless ISUb teams.

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Any of the 6-5 teams that have received a bid in the past few years. Monmouth last year. Any 3rd or 4th place SLC team that gets in. All Pioneer teams except for San Diego the past two years. Every MEAC team since the last time they won a I-AA playoff game in the late 90s.
    So Nicholls this year or the SHSU team that advanced in 13?

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by downbythebeach View Post
    And yet Monmouth ran over and around Patriot Leaguers Lehigh, Lafayette, Holy Cross and Bucknell last season. Lehigh, because of the historically bad defense, was worse than Monmouth last year. So if you vote for Monmouth then it has to be Lehigh.

Monmouth 31 Lafayette 12
    Monmouth 46 Lehigh 27
    Monmouth 35 Bucknell 13
    Monmouth 48 Holy Cross 36
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Don't think you should be considered the worst playoff team if you actually win a playoff game.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

My Team
    Holy Cross

Sorry but Monmouth is nowhere close to worst playoff team ever.

They DEFINITELY weren't the worst team in the field in 2018 -- Lehigh, please take your trophy.
    They DEFINITELY weren't the second worst in the field -- Monmouth beats Central Connecticut by double digits if they play head to head.
    They MIGHT not have been the third worst in the field -- Nicholls was rated lower by Sagarin even after the massacre in Cedar Falls.

The Hawks were overmatched by a Valley team on the road halfway across the country. Blowouts happen, especially when a team becomes demoralized ten minutes into what they immediately realize will be their last game, knowing they can't stop their opponent.

SHSU in 2009 lost to Montana 54-0 in the quarters. Why? Montana is a TOUGH place to play in the postseason, not because a historically bad team was on the field.

My Team
    Holy Cross

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    And yet Monmouth ran over and around Patriot Leaguers Lehigh, Lafayette, Holy Cross and Bucknell last season. Lehigh, because of the historically bad defense, was worse than Monmouth last year. So if you vote for Monmouth then it has to be Lehigh.

Monmouth 31 Lafayette 12
    Monmouth 46 Lehigh 27
    Monmouth 35 Bucknell 13
    Monmouth 48 Holy Cross 36
    The Holy Cross game was not as close as the final score indicated. We benefited from converting 40+ yard Hail Mary's both at the end of the first half and end of regulation. Only time I've ever seen or heard of that happening in a game.

Top FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    Both 5-6 PL champs make a strong claim for the title. There have been some very bad MEAC, OVC, Southland, PFL, and Big South teams as well.
    a couple of your 1 blowout and out LU teams are certainly worthy of consideration

My Team
    Holy Cross

Quote Originally Posted by CFBfan View Post
    a couple of your 1 blowout and out LU teams are certainly worthy of consideration
    Lehigh's one-and-done team this year probably gets my vote.

I actually don't think Lehigh had ever been blown out in their first playoff game prior to the 2016 debacle against UNH. I don't think Lehigh was THAT bad in '16 (they were actually favored to win the game they lost 64-28) but certainly foreshadowed the total lack of any defense this season.

My Team
    Lehigh

Quote Originally Posted by NY Crusader 2010 View Post
    Lehigh's one-and-done team this year probably gets my vote.

I actually don't think Lehigh had ever been blown out in their first playoff game prior to the 2016 debacle against UNH. I don't think Lehigh was THAT bad in '16 (they were actually favored to win the game they lost 64-28) but certainly foreshadowed the total lack of any defense this season.
    I cannot think of a playoff team that Lehigh 2017 could beat. Maybe Dayton from a few years. Even Lafayette 2013 would have ripped us I think with Reed at his peak. Not sure how many awful MEAC or OVC teams there have been the past decade, maybe we could outscore them. Maybe not.