Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: CAA - Way too early to make predictions?

UNH will be in the running again (in case you were hoping they would go away). Lots of depth, but probably not enough top tier talent to push for a natty.

With a favorable home schedule, UNH should be 8-3 if not 9-2
    "We're New Hampshire born and we're New Hampshire bred and when we die we'll be New Hampshire dead, so it's ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, pride of the granite state !"

Delaware should be improved offensively if Graduate transfer hometown kid Darius Wade can produce a solid passing game with already a decent running game. The defense returns a good amount of starters and depth. Last season's winning record has lots of expectations for a playoff push this year and I can see a 8-9 win season for the Hens if they can score 22+ a game.

Only 5 teams I'd prognosticate don't really have playoff hopes:

Richmond
    Towson
    Maine
    URI
    W&M
    Make Delaware Football Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by bluehenbillk View Post
    Only 5 teams I'd prognosticate don't really have playoff hopes:

Richmond
    Towson
    Maine
    URI
    W&M
    UR is almost always in the hunt, their one 0-8 CAA season being a rare exception. I never count them out and their back up QB showed promise in the 2016 playoffs. They may not miss a beat.

For Maine, yeah they probably won't make it, especially without Josh Mack, but they're always at least "close-ish" to playoff consideration through the mid-season.

I'm very curious to see if Elon and SB continue to shine next year or were their runs last year just odd slashes in the pan? I'd like to see consistency from them.

JMU makes the playoffs and W&M will win a game, that much I've got figured out. My guess would be 3 from SBU, Elon, DE, NH, Nova make the playoffs. The other 6 will wallow through .500 or below seasons. Like Little Stevie, I would love to see RI win more. Will W&M be the new doormat? They were the last CAA team to beat JMU, on Halloween 2015 when JMU missed 3 xp and W&M returned one for a 2 points, winning by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Billnonymous View Post
    JMU makes the playoffs and W&M will win a game, that much I've got figured out. My guess would be 3 from SBU, Elon, DE, NH, Nova make the playoffs. The other 6 will wallow through .500 or below seasons. Like Little Stevie, I would love to see RI win more. Will W&M be the new doormat? They were the last CAA team to beat JMU, on Halloween 2015 when JMU missed 3 xp and W&M returned one for a 2 points, winning by 3.
    Bryan Schorís first career start with only a week to prepare. Historically bad defense and a coach too busy interviewing with Texas State.

AGS FCS Champion

Obviously the PL-CAA games are of interest.

Colgate-UNH and Lehigh-Villanova would seem to be the "marquee" battles. If the Raiders want to prove their worth they need to split their CAA games (W&M/UNH). I think the Raiders going into the Durham and beating what likely will be a preseason Top 10 UNH squad is unlikely. But going on the road and beating what could be a bottom half W&M seems quite possible IF Colgate is legit.

Lehigh has played 'Nova down to the wire the last two meetings but have come up short both times. Neither team was any good last year ('Nova's offense was almost as bad as Lehigh's D) and were definitely two of the big disappointments nationally. Still, the odds favor the Wildcats again. Even on the road. Another losing season in the post-Talley era would be a bit of a red flag imo.

Richmond traveling to the Bronx could end up being interesting. The Rams always have quality FCS talent but their coaching is up and down. If the new guy is closer to Moorhead and Clawson the Rams will be relevant nationally again.

Colgate is @ UNH and @ W&M
    Lehigh hosts Villanova
    Fordham hosts Richmond and is at @ Stony Brook
    Holy Cross is @ UNH (payback?!?!)
    Lafayette is @ Delaware
    Bucknell hosts W&M and is @ Villanova

Are any CAA fans concerned about these PL games? Do you consider them must wins? Scheduled wins?
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

No FBS game for Delaware this year, oh wait ...The Hens will be in Fargo on September 22nd and will be hoping to shock the Bison ... strength for Delaware will again be a pretty good and physical Defense.... Wade the Boston College transfer will be an upgrade at QB to put it mildly, he will make plays out of nothing.... Joe Walker moves to WR. I think the Hens need another playmaker on offense somewhere, RB Lee a transfer from Army might be able to fill the speed void
    Welcome back Delaware Bluehens

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    Obviously the PL-CAA games are of interest.

Colgate-UNH and Lehigh-Villanova would seem to be the "marquee" battles. If the Raiders want to prove their worth they need to split their CAA games (W&M/UNH). I think the Raiders going into the Durham and beating what likely will be a preseason Top 10 UNH squad is unlikely. But going on the road and beating what could be a bottom half W&M seems quite possible IF Colgate is legit.

Lehigh has played 'Nova down to the wire the last two meetings but have come up short both times. Neither team was any good last year ('Nova's offense was almost as bad as Lehigh's D) and were definitely two of the big disappointments nationally. Still, the odds favor the Wildcats again. Even on the road. Another losing season in the post-Talley era would be a bit of a red flag imo.

Richmond traveling to the Bronx could end up being interesting. The Rams always have quality FCS talent but their coaching is up and down. If the new guy is closer to Moorhead and Clawson the Rams will be relevant nationally again.

Colgate is @ UNH and @ W&M
    Lehigh hosts Villanova
    Fordham hosts Richmond and is at @ Stony Brook
    Holy Cross is @ UNH (payback?!?!)
    Lafayette is @ Delaware
    Bucknell hosts W&M and is @ Villanova

Are any CAA fans concerned about these PL games? Do you consider them must wins? Scheduled wins?
    UNH needs to win both PL games and make a statement. They were so high off that FBS win they didn't get off the bus for that HC game. the PL's best chance is for colgate to beat UNH and or W&M, I don't see the other games going the wrong way for the CAA this year. We need to crush OOC again this year.

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'