1. 1996 Marshall. Defeated a very good Griz team that might not be appreciated as much as they should be. Had the guy who is possibly the second-best receiver to ever play the game who could take over games and a running back and QB who would also play in the NFL.

2. 2007 App State. A lot of people will criticize this team for their defense, but that SoCon that year had a ridiculous amount of fire power between Jayson Foster, Scott Riddle and Terrell Hudgins, Jerome Felton, Duran Lawson and Andre Roberts, and a solid Wofford team. The team itself had ample fire power to make up for it, though.

3. 2013 NDSU. Beat a 7-5 Kansas State team and didn't break a sweat in the playoffs. My main knock on the team is a question of the strength of the playoff field (how many years would that Towson and UNH team make it to the national championship game and semifinals?)

4. 1999 Georgia Southern. Call me a homer if you want, but this team had a ridiculous offense. Scored 41 points and 500+ yards on a top 25 IA defense. Averaged 49 points back when far fewer teams broke 30 points a game. Scored 59 points and had 600+ total yards on a Jim Tressel team. It had a ton of garbage time, too. When Greg Hill and Adrian Peterson were both 100% there weren't many college football teams at any level that could stop this team.

5. 2003 Delaware. Great on both sides of the ball and dominant. My knock on them is the questionable strength of the playoff field (one of the semi-finalists lost to Valdosta State, another one was a Patriot League team).