Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    First Class FCS Ruler longtimemocfan's Avatar

Re: Way Too Early 2018 Southern Conference Football Predictions

We’ll see. The offensive line should be better and the addition of Tyrell Price 6’0” 220 lbs back from East Miss.CC
    Could see a pretty big difference. Just have to see how much of that translates to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    I do agree with some of the other sentiment, that if the Mocs don't fix their ability to run the ball it probably won't matter much who is at QB.

TRUTH!!!! This is the secret sauce, that everybody knows!!!!
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Milktruck74 View Post
    Even if it was Copeland, TA won't say that until probably the week before the opener. He knows how competition pushes guys to get better....when you name a starter, complacency sets in. I'm really interested in the James kid. He hasn't really played any ball in the last 3 years, they obviously saw something in him.....We had a full slate of QBs and burnt a spot on him, so that says something.....now, just have to figure out if it says something good about him or something not so good about our recruiting selections!!!
    You are right about James being a wild card. I thought he was such an odd signing, and he didnít seem to do much at Valdosta or at Hutcheson CC but I think he was hurt most of that time. I have heard lots of really good things about him though, so Iím not sure what to think.

Copeland should have the edge going into fall camp as he has a good pocket presence and showed a lot of poise as a freshman playing behind a weak offense line, but he doesnít have a cannon or anything (which is ok) and tended to stare down targets (which I am hoping can be fixed).

Tiano has the physical tools, but never looked comfortable and took a real beating behind our oline.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    I think the general idea for most teams is to try to take a QB every season. Injuries happen and you always can use depth at that position.
    I understand that position, but he isnít a Freshman but a Sophomore with 3 years to play. We already have a Rising Sophmore and Junior, so to me if they just wanted another QB they would have signed a HS kid. Arth has said he has one of the strongest and most accurate arms he has ever seen (despite not playing much in CC and his HS stats being good not great).