Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
I think that a lot of that is the ndsu affect. He’s taken a team that in D2 made the playoffs once. Ever. Then he made it a perennial FCS power that just went to the semi finals.

I’ll be honest, the reason that Jacks fans feel that way IMHO is due to a couple reasons. First it’s incredibly frustrating to lose at your biggest rival in the playoffs multiple times, and equally frustrating to lose in the semis the way we did. Add in the fact that we tend to have a head scratching loss every year people tend to lose sight of just how good the program is overall. I think nationally SDSU has the second or third longest streak of being ranked in the top 25, doubled the average attendance in ten years, and just went to the semi finals. Second, and this goes hand in hand with the growing fanbase, is we have a lot of “new” fans to FCS football that don’t have very good knowledge of the FCS. They see ndsu on their unprecedented run and just expect to knock them off and take their place without a deeper understanding of just how hard a natty is to get. A lot of Jacks fans I know don’t know what the difference is between the Pioneer league, the NEC, and the CAA. It’s part of growing as a fanbase and we will get there, but when you are growing the fanbase with unprecedented success for the program, some people are going to have over the top expectations. That’s just my $.02 though. Wanting to force out the most successful coach we’ve ever had because of coming up short in our most successful season ever is a bit shortsighted and emotional to me, especially when he is getting towards the end of his career. Outside of the recent events he has done more than enough with this program to decide how he goes out. Also don’t forget that getting a new coach likely will cost a decent amount more $ while the athletic department is still working on implementing full FCOA and remodeling Frost, without bumping up student fees unlike a certain school to the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plus he is good at trick plays.