Quote Originally Posted by bostonspider View Post
Two rivalries in VA have seemed to disappear. VMI versus both UR and W&M. These are VMI's most played rivals, 90 games versus Richmond and 88 versus the Tribe. But the Keydets haven't played W&M since 2011 nor UR since 2015. Now it likely doesn't help that they have lost 25 straight versus the Tribe and 21 of last 23 versus the Spiders. As far as I know no games are scheduled for the future as of now..
VMI will play at Virginia Tech in 2026. They have played 79 times overall, w/ most of them being on Thanksgiving day in neutral Roanoke. There was a time when these two rivals playing was THE game in Virginia. Used to be called The Military Classic of the South (way before the Citadel version) back when Tech was still known as VPI. After WWII, Tech started getting bigger and kept growing. VMI kinda stayed the same small size, eventually being relegated to I-AA in 1982. They last played VT in 1984. VMI last beat the Hokies in 1981, which is also the last time they had a winning season. Sadly, VMI has never had a winning season as a I-AA/FCS team (36 yrs). Wish it wasn't so. I have a lot of respect for those guys.