Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Major FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar

Pros and Cons to your stadium

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fa...unique-stadium

"The Kibbie Dome remains a link to Idaho's football past and its cloudy future."

The Kibbie Dome has its advantages. It holds about 16,500 for a small college town population. The weather in late fall on the Palouse can be miserable. The weather is similar to Seattle, but colder. To have a covered stadium allows for a comfortable game, by both teams, the week before Thanksgiving. It is also used as a multi-function facility for indoor track and field. The updates to our conditioning facilities have been excellent.

However, fall on the Palouse is amazing (68-72 degrees). Having a covered stadium is a mess. No one wants to be inside for the game. The tailgating is too good.

If only we could have something similar to Safeco Field where the roof can slide off for the sunny days and move back into position for everything in November.

Please your pictures of your facilities.
    Last edited by VandalBasher; February 14th, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

Re: Pros and Cons to your stadium

We could use 5k more seats. Other than that nothing I can think of.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

Lehigh (Goodman Stadium)
    Pros: excellent setting, large parking area, good tailgating
    Cons: far from main campus, seats too far from field, no lights, no video board

Lafayette (Fisher Stadium)
    Pros: good setting, located in nice neighborhood, seats close to the field
    Cons: lack of parking, poor cellular reception, limited visitor's side seating, setting sun issue for evening games

Penn (Franklin Field)
    Pros: historic venue, good setting, good viewing angles from upper deck, good public transit access
    Cons: lack of parking, lack of modern amenities, lack of restrooms, long walk up many steps to upper deck

Villanova (Villanova Stadium)
    Pros: convenient access from major road (US 30), good public transit access
    Cons: lack of modern amenities, lack of restrooms, poor viewing angles, feels/looks like a high school stadium

AGS FCS Champion

Pros: Yeah, it’s got those.

Cons: No beer.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

AGS FCS Champion

Pros: Bacon on a stick

Cons: No beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    We could use 5k more seats. Other than that nothing I can think of.
    I was thinking 10-12K......
    1-AA is tops!!

Pros: Home side, new turf, video board. Student section (only full for first two games or late playoff games) being right on the endzone, Tailgates, beer garden.

Cons: Track, Away side is further away with walkway between track and stands. Stands are ugly and not even across the field. Also call me crazy but I really wish they'd put the arborvitaes back behind the student section

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UNH Pano.jpg  

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by UNHWildcat18 View Post
    Pros: Home side, new turf, video board. Student section (only full for first two games or late playoff games) being right on the endzone, Tailgates, beer garden.

Cons: Track, Away side is further away with walkway between track and stands. Stands are ugly and not even across the field.

That is one of the nicer beer gardens I have seen and I do have to admit, I admire the walk to the home side as well as the UNH arch you have to walk under to get there.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

Major FCS Advocate CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar

Compared to what you had before the upgrade, you have no cons. It's all good, well maybe the track being the only negative, besides that beautiful facility.

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fa...unique-stadium

"The Kibbie Dome remains a link to Idaho's football past and its cloudy future."

The Kibbie Dome has its advantages. It holds about 16,500 for a small college town population. The weather in late fall on the Palouse can be miserable. The weather is similar to Seattle, but colder. To have a covered stadium allows for a comfortable game, by both teams, the week before Thanksgiving. It is also used as a multi-function facility for indoor track and field. The updates to our conditioning facilities have been excellent.

However, fall on the Palouse is amazing (68-72 degrees). Having a covered stadium is a mess. No one wants to be inside for the game. The tailgating is too good.

If only we could have something similar to Safeco Field where the roof can slide off for the sunny days move back into position for everything in November.

Please your pictures of your facilities.
    You're in the FCS now. If you don't suck you will be playing home games on December 15-20. That indoor stadium is a godsend.
    North Dakota State University Football
    National Champions: 1965 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 2011 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17
    MVFC champions: 2011 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17