Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: University of North Alabama's first D1 recruiting class

My Team
    University of North Alabama

Re: University of North Alabama's first D1 recruiting class

Quote Originally Posted by ASU33 View Post
    Especially Legend's Steakhouse!
    Legends is good, used to be tops, but kinda hit or mis now. If you can't find something good to eat in Florence, your in the wrong Florence.

My Team
    Alabama State

Quote Originally Posted by Lion1983 View Post
    Legends is good, used to be tops, but kinda hit or mis now. If you can't find something good to eat in Florence, your in the wrong Florence.
    Rick's is awesome too!

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

My Team
    Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Lion1983 View Post
    We should have a few good home games next year. Of course, don't know what the conference schedule is, but A&M comes to Florence, I can't remember on Western Illinois, and I think we go to Montana. Hopefully we can get JSU on the schedule starting next year.
    8/29/2019 - WIU at UNA
    9/3/2020 - UNA at WIU
    Press release from our side: http://goleathernecks.com/news/2017/6/19/wiu-football-announces-two-future-home-and-home-series.aspx?path=football

We apparently have a thing for directional Alabama schools coming up, with our FBS game against South Alabama in 2022 also.
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    If I recall correctly they have tons of talent from those kids and used it quite well when we were division II and played them.

Good to see KPERK on the site now! Long time no see! I don't even remember my old d2football message board username.. MIght have been ucabear there too.
    Hey ucabear. It's good to FINALLY be on here as a member of D1. Should have been over 20 years ago but better late than never. I haven't been out to Arkansas since the GAC was formed. Maybe we can eventually get a home and home going.

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    I hope the S&C coach can put some weight on them.
    This list is made up mostly of redshirts. Hoping all will be on board but you never know. They should provide a shot of size while the babies grow up. Most of them are 6-3 to 6-6 so they have room to bulk up even more. Ethan Orr was injured in preseason before the 2017 season. Hoping he will want to take a shot at coming back to play with little brother.

Wes Alexander FR
    Offensive Line
    6-3, 310 Leeds, Ala.

Brody Collier OL 6-6 295 FR

Adam Ingram OL 6-5 255 FR

Ben Berry 6-3, 290 FR
    Offensive Line
    Decatur, Ala

Jakobi Lewis OL 6-3 265 FR

Cade McGuire OL 6-1 270 FR

Ethan Orr
    Offensive Line
    6-6, 325
    Fairview, Miss

Cameron Orr OL 6-6 280 FR- Ethan's little brother

Lance Kephart 6-4 260 Athens, Al FR

Tucker Walters OL 6-1 290 FR

David Woodruff OL 6-6 335 FR

Noah Stern OL 6-3, 290 FR
    Huntsville, Al

Khadedryck Todd OL 6-4 295 JR

Colton Wadkins
    Offensive Line
    6-3, 315
    Mobile, Ala.
    Last edited by kperk014; February 14th, 2018 at 06:37 PM.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kperk014 View Post
    Hey ucabear. It's good to FINALLY be on here as a member of D1. Should have been over 20 years ago but better late than never. I haven't been out to Arkansas since the GAC was formed. Maybe we can eventually get a home and home going.
    You and Valdosta State. Oh I know we will eventually. I think our sched is book through 2022 unless someone drops off it. But after that...
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

Wouldn’t mind seeing you guys come to Clarksville UNA fans, that’d be a damn good ball game
    This member was formerly known as Killamike259

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by Killamike259 View Post
    Wouldn’t mind seeing you guys come to Clarksville UNA fans, that’d be a damn good ball game
    Yes, not a bad trip at all. The last time we played each other was my freshman year at UNA. We were 5-0 going into the homecoming game with APU. Unfortunately that was the beginning of a 5 game losing streak as the Governors won 13-7. It would be great if there was a conference containing all the FCS schools in Tennessee, Alabama and northern Georgia. Just think how great it would be to get to make every road trip with relative ease. That's the way you really get good rivalries started and good rivalries lead to big crowds which leads to better recruiting which leads to better playoff success.

My Team
    North Alabama

Yes, not a bad trip at all. The last time we played each other was my freshman year at UNA. We were 5-0 going into the homecoming game with APU. Unfortunately that was the beginning of a 5 game losing streak as the Governors won 13-7. It would be great if there was a conference containing all the FCS schools in Tennessee, Alabama and northern Georgia. Just think how great it would be to get to make every road trip with relative ease. That's the way you really get good rivalries started and good rivalries lead to big crowds which leads to better recruiting which leads to better playoff success.
    Reckon the Big South offers us the next best thing as being small in number teams we have many OOC opportunities. Hopefully, as things settle in and we get past the time frames of already set schedules, we can have some home and aways within a 3 hour radius. The best thing for FCS, in this neck of the woods, are strong rivalries that will put fannies in the seats.

I think a Home and Home with you guys would be a good way to see how you guys do after the 4 year period as well as reigniting an old rivalry from back in the day. We’re on the upswing in the FCS and you’re just starting out so it’d be fun to see where we stand at that point.
    This member was formerly known as Killamike259