Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: In the Recruitment of Brevin White, the Four-Star QB Who Chose Princeton Over Ala

Quote Originally Posted by UNHWildcat18 View Post
    Princeton and Yale have the highest rated recruiting classes in the FCS. NDSU comes in at number 3. Really wish they'd stop the BS and compete in the playoffs. Wish we could swap the Pioneer's AQ and give it to the IVY league
    My thought has always been this. Why can they compete in March Madness and other championships but not the FCS? At what point will they man up and actually play competition and stop hiding behind a holier than thou mentality?
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

Re: In the Recruitment of Brevin White, the Four-Star QB Who Chose Princeton Over Ala

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    My thought has always been this. Why can they compete in March Madness and other championships but not the FCS? At what point will they man up and actually play competition and stop hiding behind a holier than thou mentality?
    We can ask all we want for it, but the universities don’t want it.

First Class FCS Ruler SUPharmacist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
    We can ask all we want for it, but the universities don’t want it.
    True and universities and conferences should be able to do what is the best for for them. However, I don't understand why the NCAA or any subdivision allows teams to classify and then choose not to really compete at that level. Since the Ivies have chosen to not compete in the playoffs, I do not understand why they chose the FCS instead of the FBS. Could they not have chosen to opt out of bowl games at the FBS level? I definitely do not know the history here, but would it have been more problematic to opt out of any playoff activity at the top level? As an outsider it is odd to me to see schools with their resources choose not to compete. I would imagine they could be competitive at whatever level they chose. If they just want their historical rivalries within the Ivy League, why not do that for all sports and abandon the NCAA altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPharmacist View Post
    True and universities and conferences should be able to do what is the best for for them. However, I don't understand why the NCAA or any subdivision allows teams to classify and then choose not to really compete at that level. Since the Ivies have chosen to not compete in the playoffs, I do not understand why they chose the FCS instead of the FBS. Could they not have chosen to opt out of bowl games at the FBS level? I definitely do not know the history here, but would it have been more problematic to opt out of any playoff activity at the top level? As an outsider it is odd to me to see schools with their resources choose not to compete. I would imagine they could be competitive at whatever level they chose. If they just want their historical rivalries within the Ivy League, why not do that for all sports and abandon the NCAA altogether?
    I think the Ivies would choose to be at the FBS level if they were allowed to do so.