Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
OK...we've just about ...so, since SU DOG has not responded otherwise, I'll 'bank that' as the Final Answer to the question of whether or not young Mr. Hatcher had any other offers. Thus, I am in the Doubters camp for now - doubting that young Mr. Hatcher at 5-9/165 (so...probably 5-8/160...or smaller) is a bona fide SoCon QB prospect.

BTW - for those interested, here's a link to his highlight video of him playing HS ball against a higher level of competition - when he was splitting time with a Soph, while a Jr. at AL 6-A Homewood HS - http://www.hudl.com/v/27eZVG - similar to his Sr. Year Bessemer Academy/AISA tape - with only 2 runs; both ended voluntarily before being hit (given that, doesn't appear to be a true dual-threat) & no rush-avoidance plays, but 7 minutes of throwing balls to slightly better covered Receivers. He does get popped after throwing on 2 occasions (1 should have been a penalty) and he goes a-flyin' when hit.

Will be interesting to watch his career develop at Samford and the impact of his presence on the Team.

Let's hope for more Russ/Jacob Huesman-Chattanooga-like and less Paul/Kye Hamilton-Elon & Brevard-like. I, honestly, don't wish that kind of mess on any Team/Fanbase or on the young Player.
Kind of a unique video. Nearly every pass is a sprint out, which makes sense given a shorter QB. Besides that, most of the completed passes seem to be one of two varieties - a five yard crossing route to the TE or a wheel route down the sideline to the split end.

Curiously, Hamp Sisson, a Furman QB commit, is listed by 247 as 108th best player in Alabama and a "pro style" QB. Sisson is one of the more polished QB recruits I've seen commit to Furman in a long time, and is very mobile. I really have no idea how a guy gets the designation of "dual threat" or "pro style" as the designation seems borderline random.