Thread: FBS to FCS Transfers Thread 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Re: FBS to FCS Transfers Thread 2018

Looks like a nice Grad Transfer pickup for Mercer. Stats from MiamiU seem to indicate he was a regularly-playing backup at LB as a R-FR & at DE for the next 2 years. At 6-1/245, he was probably viewed as a “Tweener” in the MAC. Looking at his MiamiU highlights, I think he likes playing with his hand on the ground, so I imagine we’ll see him as a DE in Mercer’s 3-4 alignment. That said, I believe he could also play the OLB role for Mercer as the similarly-sized Kyle Williams did for the Bears for 4 years. Also, I may be committing SoCon blasphemy here, but when I look at these highlights, the comparison that comes to my mind - in terms of speed, aggressiveness, and ‘motor’ - is Davis Tull, former Chatt. DE, who was 3-time SoCon DPOY. Hope that lofty comparison doesn’t ‘jinx’ him.

Last edited by FUBeAR; April 16th, 2018 at 12:06 PM.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model