Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Major FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar

Re: Vandal 2018 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    This guy did a pretty good write up on your team, that's where I got the info from.

http://maroonblood.com/forum/main-fo...-idaho-vandals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, this is a decent write up. Of our 11 game schedule, we are playing Fresno State and Florida. Both of these teams would take a miracle.

To get seven wins from the remaining nine is quite a bit to ask for. I can see the Vandals going 6-5 (5-3 BSC) in Year 1. I believe this is what most fans are expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    No, not based on talent level. They recruit based on D1 standard so that is the only thing on the books for keeping a team out on transition that I've taken note of as far as players go regarding recruiting. The other issues raised as possibilities prior would seem to be the only sticking points.
    I agree, but the NCAA isnít known for logical thinking sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 AGS Playoff Survivor Pool Champion

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    Yes, this is a decent write up. Of our 11 game schedule, we are playing Fresno State and Florida. Both of these teams would take a miracle.

To get seven wins from the remaining nine is quite a bit to ask for. I can see the Vandals going 6-5 (5-3 BSC) in Year 1. I believe this is what most fans are expecting.
    Fair enough I can see you guys 4-4 or 5-3 in the BSC and you are right the Fresno and Florida games are harsh but at least you will make some $$$ on those games.
    AG1 now available in "Internet Black"

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and arm bears, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    No, not based on talent level. They recruit based on D1 standard so that is the only thing on the books for keeping a team out on transition that I've taken note of as far as players go regarding recruiting. The other issues raised as possibilities prior would seem to be the only sticking points.
    "In order to be eligible for the FCS postseason, Idaho will see a reduction in the number of available football scholarships from 85 to 63. It’s part of the reason why the school is making the transition over two years."

It appears we will have a two year period of "transition." However, I believe we will be at the necessary number of scholarships to be eligible that started in 2016.

https://apnews.com/261fca1a322b466e9...ng-2018-season

I'm better than you...probably

"In order to be eligible for the FCS postseason, Idaho will see a reduction in the number of available football scholarships from 85 to 63. It’s part of the reason why the school is making the transition over two years."

It appears we will have a two year period of "transition." However, I believe we will be at the necessary number of scholarships to be eligible that started in 2016.

https://apnews.com/261fca1a322b466e9...ng-2018-season
    Yes, that makes sense and I had known they were in a draw down phase but there will also now be the ability for Idaho to split some of the scholarships they used to give out in whole under FBS. Partial schollies will probably make the overall amount (numbers) of kids on scholarship not really move that much other than some normal attrition due to a reduction.

Idaho was drawing down from "available" scholarships of 85 but I've followed Idaho a fair bit over the last decade and I don't believe they have ever taken the full amount of that availability...do you know if they have? I think it's been primarily just around/under 80 and of course has drawn down the last few years for obvious reasons in the move.

One thing I'm gonna be watching is your season ticket prices. They have been very low and would have ranked near the bottom of the BSC and I think Idaho will actually be able to raise up the prices a bit with some renewal of rivalries and I guarantee that there will be some Montana fans buying season tickets at Idaho for those games we go there like used to happen back in the 90's.

Hell, I'm thinking about season tickets just to sort of spite they whiny dip****s crying about the move and saying they are out and this will ruin Idaho Football.

Screw it, Alfa me and you are buying Idaho season tickets this year. BTW, as much as people make fun of the Kibbie Dome (me included) I like going there for a game and tailgating and so forth. It is a good time.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

Master FCS Advocate BadlandsGrizFan's Avatar

the last 6 of your season could be pretty heart breaking..lol. And ening it with Florida...OUCHHHH

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2...l-schedule.php

We have SUU and UND on the schedule. For our first year back, I would have preferred to have Weber and NAU due to our legacy games of the 80's and 90's. I would have liked a game against SAC St. or Cal Poly. But, I plan to make the UC Davis game.

Idaho still has to add one more game to the schedule in September. Overall, this is a solid line up.

Go Vandals
    We owe you guys one for those two shalackings we took out there at the beginning of our transition.

I am very interested how the transition from FBS to FCS goes. I am on the same page with most, I think Idaho does well next year, but I'm not sure if they beat out some of the upper Big Sky teams next year. Montana State could be up next year too.
    South Dakota State Jackrabbits, FCS Playoffs, '09, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

I'm glad to see at least one vandal fan on here. Welcome. Your program will be better off in FCS and the Big Sky. What fans remain won't take long to realize that. The quality of your football program and fan experience are going to improve with regional rivals and similar institutions. Playing for meaningful postseason football is better than bowls 10 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    the last 6 of your season could be pretty heart breaking..lol. And ening it with Florida...OUCHHHH
    I really believe those last five games + Florida aren't any tougher than our last six Sun Belt Conference games. Will we win? I can't say. But, I am throwing out there we will go at least 3-3 in that stretch.