Quote Originally Posted by Lion1983 View Post
I don't think it will be a split, as much as a merger. Don't think it would be a good idea to have 3 distinct D1 football sub groups.

I say make it a true FBS and FCS. My opinion, the Sun Belt, half or better of C-USA, the MAC and most of the MWC should be in FCS. I personally don't like watching non meaningful bowl games with schools who just broke .500 to get in and 2000 (if that) fans in the stands.

I also don't think JMU or NDSU should be interested in going FBS, App St and Georgia Southern, Liberty and Coastal all should have stayed to see (and show) how good FCS football could really be.

Just my opinion, but I'm a grass roots person anyway.
MAC, Sun Belch and C-USA are the same level as P5 schools on paper only. The Valley is ranked more highly than these conferences most years, I believe. Send these guys down -- I think their fans would realize quickly that competing for a national title is far more rewarding than competing in bowl games in Mobile, Alabama or in empty stadiums in Detroit and New Orleans. And the big schools have the bowls rigged. Unless you end up in or near the Top 10, you don't even get a bowl game against a big name from a power conference and a chance to prove yourself against the big boys. All these schools just end up playing each other in glorified exhibitions in mid-December in the middle of the day on ESPN when most can't even watch because we are still at work.

MWC and AAC should stay up top and make it a P7. Drop the other three down.