Siran Neal Jacksonvile St S
    Updated with yesterdays results.

Re: Projected FCS Players going to NFL Combine

FB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2014
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    TOTAL SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 89
    MBB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1931 32 33 34 35 36 40 48 55 64 67 70 71 72 82 83 87 08 09 13 14 15 16 18
    SLC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2010 2012 2015 2016 2017

AXE'EM JACKS!

AGS FCS Champion SmallCollegeFBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lionsrking2 View Post
    I agree he would have benefited by staying his senior year, but he's fundamentally a good kid, with ability, and will likely get a combine invite from everything I'm hearing. His "off field" issues are no different than a majority of NFL and college players in general. He took care of his business while he was here and I know first hand that LSU coaches loved him as a kid and a player and didn't want him to leave. How the LSU suspension affects him in the draft is anybody's guess, but there are clubs that have rated him higher than that on ability. We shall see.
    Could you tell me who you were hearing Maea would get a combine invite from? You seemed very confident to disagree and I'm wondering if you know coaches? Coaches have often told me a player is likely to go or get drafted and we scouts don't agree at all. Coaches are right more than they are wrong on that but I would say 30-40% of that chatter among coaches can be off by a good bit.

Not sure where you heard that about the coaches because I was told he was dismissed and failing tests was part of it and a big reason they didn't fight to keep him. His effort on the field was not very good either. I have watched three games and while he flashes some draftable talent at times, he needed to stay badly. He showed ZERO effort in some games and only showed effort half the time in others.

I don't know people on every team well enough to say for sure on all 32 but I know that a few teams took both brothers completely off their board and will not even attempt to sign them. I think both end up being priority free agents though.
    Last edited by SmallCollegeFBFan; March 6th, 2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Chase Edmonds topped the RB group for the 3 cone and 20 yd dash drills and finished 3rd in the 60 yd shuffle.
    The 20-yard dash would be the 20 from their 40 run. Technically the 20-yard drill is the short shuttle and not a dash. He did very well though!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Updated with yesterdays results.
    DeLuca has not done well this postseason. His performance in the Senior Bowl was not good at all and his testing only hurt him more. I'm thinking he may not go until the 200-250 range and may fall out of the draft. I hope he gets drafted because he can play but I'm wondering if his injuries have taken a step away from his play.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    DeLuca has not done well this postseason. His performance in the Senior Bowl was not good at all and his testing only hurt him more. I'm thinking he may not go until the 200-250 range and may fall out of the draft. I hope he gets drafted because he can play but I'm wondering if his injuries have taken a step away from his play.
    I'm guessing he may not get drafted at this point. I think he'll make a team though as a backup/special teams at least. His knee issue this season really effected his speed IMO. I was also a bit surprised at his weight but that might be a good thing as a MLB in the NFL. I don't think he's ever been real fast but he can diagnose a play and drop into coverage as good as anyone. Hope he gets a real shot anyway.

I'm curious if you think that Griffen's 4.38 in the 40 was legit. His second attempt was a 4.58 which is a pretty big disparity.

AGS FCS Champion

I guess I didn't think the Senior Bowl performance was "not good at all." He didn't shine, but I thought he held his own. I only get what the NFL network shows though, and Mayock kind of has a crush on NDSU so he's hard to judge.

The combine numbers were disappointing. He's lost a step. I don't know if it's injuries or if he just peaked a couple of years ago. I still think where he goes largely depends on his medical and only NFL teams have that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    I'm guessing he may not get drafted at this point. I think he'll make a team though as a backup/special teams at least. His knee issue this season really effected his speed IMO. I was also a bit surprised at his weight but that might be a good thing as a MLB in the NFL. I don't think he's ever been real fast but he can diagnose a play and drop into coverage as good as anyone. Hope he gets a real shot anyway.

I'm curious if you think that Griffen's 4.38 in the 40 was legit. His second attempt was a 4.58 which is a pretty big disparity.
    Nick will get a shot for sure.

I had Griffin at 4.43 on my watch and most people I talked to had him in 4.4s. My belief is that the guy who started the electronic clock started the watch slightly early and his real speed is in the 4.45-4.50 range, which is still blazing fast. I'll know in the next couple days if that is true or not. Some think he did not really break the record but the NFL can't correct it because he is so high profile. We will see when they send out official results.

Could you tell me who you were hearing Maea would get a combine invite from? You seemed very confident to disagree and I'm wondering if you know coaches? Coaches have often told me a player is likely to go or get drafted and we scouts don't agree at all. Coaches are right more than they are wrong on that but I would say 30-40% of that chatter among coaches can be off by a good bit.

Not sure where you heard that about the coaches because I was told he was dismissed for failing tests and was not really wanted back. His effort on the field was not very good either. I have watched three games and while he flashes some draftable talent at times, he needed to stay badly. He showed ZERO effort in some games and only showed effort half the time in others.

I don't know people on every team well enough to say for sure on all 32 but I know that a few teams took both brothers completely off their board and will not even attempt to sign them. I think both end up being priority free agents though.
    I know the coaches very well and they thought he would get one. They were right with our past players who attended the Combine.

As for being "dismissed" for failing tests, that is simply not true, considering he was on the President's List during the fall semester (3.5 or higher). He was never ineligible academically at LSU. They 100% tried to get him to stay. You have bad information. As for his effort level during games, I won't argue what is observable on tape, that's for you to judge for yourself. But I've been around the kid and know what our coaches think about him. Now Sione??? He's a different kid.