Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AGS FCS Champion SmallCollegeFBFan's Avatar

Re: Projected FCS Players going to NFL Combine

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I guess I didn't think the Senior Bowl performance was "not good at all." He didn't shine, but I thought he held his own. I only get what the NFL network shows though, and Mayock kind of has a crush on NDSU so he's hard to judge.

The combine numbers were disappointing. He's lost a step. I don't know if it's injuries or if he just peaked a couple of years ago. I still think where he goes largely depends on his medical and only NFL teams have that info.
    I have rewatched the game today and all I see is Nick picking the wrong gaps and being ran past by runners. He looked like a free agent in the game so if he goes undrafted don't be shocked but I would still take him in round 6 or 7 based on what he did in college and in hopes the doctors could have him at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsrking2 View Post
    I know the coaches very well and they thought he would get one. They were right with our past players who attended the Combine.

As for being "dismissed" for failing tests, that is simply not true, considering he was on the President's List during the fall semester (3.5 or higher). He was never ineligible academically at LSU. They 100% tried to get him to stay. You have bad information. As for his effort level during games, I won't argue what is observable on tape, that's for you to judge for yourself. But I've been around the kid and know what our coaches think about him. Now Sione??? He's a different kid.
    Both kids are known smokers from their day at LSU. I know the coaches liked him as a player but he gives awful effort much of the time. They are hyping the talent and not considering the way he plays. I could show you plays on tape that are a complete joke because he does not even try. I remember the first game I watched he literally did not finish one block and only got his hands on people when they were coming right at him. If the play was run outside he literally gave zero effort to reach block and never went to the second level. He was frustrating to watch because he has good feet, he can move, and he is strong. He just doesn't display it very much because the effort is not there.
    Last edited by SmallCollegeFBFan; March 6th, 2018 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    Both kids are known smokers from their day at LSU. I was told the kid was not asked to stay because he smokes and he failed tests but that a big reason he left was to be with his brother and get playing time. It would have helped had they been juniors together because I think he would have stayed.

I know the coaches liked him as a player but he gives awful effort much of the time. They are hyping the talent and not considering the way he plays. I could show you plays on tape that are a complete joke because he does not even try. I remember the first game I watched he literally did not finish one block and only got his hands on people when they were coming right at him. If the play was run outside he literally gave zero effort to reach block and never went to the second level. He was frustrating to watch because he has good feet, he can move, and he is strong. He just doesn't display it very much because the effort is not there.
    Not sure what coaches you talked to but LSU never asked Maea to leave and didn't want him to leave. They tried to get him to stay and either redshirt or sit out the suspension and play the last half of the season. He didn't want to do that and came to play with his brother.

I don't need you to show me plays on tape because I watched him practice every day and watched him play in person every game. And I've met the kid. Your opinion is your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsrking2 View Post
    Not sure what coaches you talked to but LSU never asked Maea to leave and didn't want him to leave. They tried to get him to stay and either redshirt or sit out the suspension and play the last half of the season. He didn't want to do that and came to play with his brother.

I don't need you to show me plays on tape because I watched him practice every day and watched him play in person every game. And I've met the kid. Your opinion is your opinion.
    Maea was suspended for a violation of team rules, failing drug tests. I had him confused with Sione. They dismissed Sione for failing tests but did want Maea to stay. He would not have started most likely and he wanted to be put with his brother. I do know both are chronic smokers though.

If you saw all the games then you know what I'm talking about. He never really got beat much but that is due to lack of talent he played against. I'll be shocked if either Teuhema brother gets drafted but I expect them both to get signed quickly after the draft.
    Last edited by SmallCollegeFBFan; March 6th, 2018 at 06:50 PM.

AGS FCS Champion

Pro Day numbers: List your favorite players!

Tremon Smith
    CB
    Central Arkansas
    pro day numbers
    5'10 200
    4.38 40 yard dash
    13 bench
    8 1/2 hands
    73 inch wingspan
    10'6 broad
    He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
    ---St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Pro Day numbers: List your favorite players!

Tremon Smith
    CB
    Central Arkansas
    pro day numbers
    5'10 200
    4.38 40 yard dash
    13 bench
    8 1/2 hands
    73 inch wingspan
    10'6 broad
    I don't expect him to get drafted but I like Tremon and these numbers are good, if they hold up. I expect him to be a PFA who makes it.

AGS FCS Champion

Top FCS runs...

Attached Images Attached Images
    He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
    ---St. Francis of Assissi