Quote Originally Posted by DCWIU11 View Post
I think that if Idaho is competitive right off the bat and makes the playoffs and the alumni start getting back onboard with the programs move back to FCS, I think more presidents at lower end non-P5 conferences will start look at moving down. UCF this year proved that if you are not in the P5 you do not have a shot at getting a chance of winning the national championship. When WIU played Coastal this year, I asked a few of their fans why they moved up? They were national ranked, a FCS "powerhouse" team and they move up to the Sunbelt where even if they werent awful this year they'd be playing for some pointless bowl. Most of the people I spoke to said they believed they moved up for the money but my follow up was "How long does the Sunbelt money last? Especially with the way the playoff system is set up?" If I were a university president and my schools football team wasn't in the P5 or one of the few non-P5 schools that are always semi relevant in FBS,(Houston, Boise, Memphis just to name a few) I would start considering to move down. But, I doubt it happens because the fear of losing money from donors, tv deals, and state budget cuts will make this intelligent idea not become real.
See, I disagree. I think it would be best for Idaho to struggle to a mediocre record their first season rather than find instant success. Then maybe their fans and alumni would recognize that quality football is played at this level, there are good teams here, and that maybe the quality of football isn't that bad and they need to work to be successful at the FCS. Instant success would give them the feeling that this level is too easy and they will keep peaking over the fence at FBS.