Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Bama's Hurt and UGA Eason be in FCS next year.

Will Bama's Hurt and UGA Eason be in FCS next year.

I wonder who in FCS needs a quarterback. It seems like these two will be available. I think they can be game changers on this level. Your thoughts?

The Imagine Dragons of AGS
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: Will Bama's Hurt and UGA Eason be in FCS next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I wonder who in FCS needs a quarterback. It seems like these two will be available. I think they can be game changers on this level. Your thoughts?
    Put Eason in USeD and watch Streveler 2.0 go to work. 6-5 235 is prototypical all around player. I don't see him dropping to FCS but I could see him sitting out a year and transferring back home to U-Dubya.

Hurts has about 0 to no accuracy but the man can run. Put him in some kind of Read Option and/or Triple Option and I think he could do a solid job.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AKA Lord Kingpin

AGS FCS Champion

I don't think Hurts ever redshirted so he could potentially transfer to another FBS school and just use his redshirt during the year he has to sit out.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Major FCS Ruler Derby City Duke's Avatar
    My Team
    James Madison
    Back on the Bourbon Trail, but as the Designated Driver

Don't think either would look at JMU. We have a bunch on the roster now, but there are a lot of unknowns as well. Johnson, aka 'The Baby Giraffe' has 1 start in his career (Elon '16, a 63-14 snoozer) plus 3 quarters ('Nova '16, when the defense smothered them) and a bunch of mop up time where he hasn't distinguished himself. Moloney is the former So. Car. Mr. Football who I believe redshirted and I think is 'the guy' going forward at this point. There's a local kid (Fr.) and Hunter Etheridge (Jr.) who is our version of Don Strock -- great at wearing a cap and holding a clipboard. He was our holder on XPs/FGs this year with career passing numbers are 8-10-0 85 yds and 1 TD.
    There is also 1 QB signed in December coming out of NC. Don't know much about him yet.
    "Time is something that cannot be bought, it cannot be wagered with God, and it is not an endless supply. Time is simply how you live your life." -- Craig Sager

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." -- Jim Valvano

Champion, 2018 MVFC Pick 'em

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Hurts is a Houston kid. He might end up at UH, UT, UTSA or an area FCS school. Not sure he is what Keeler would be looking for but he could turn around a program like HBU or Lamar. They might build statues of him at PVAMU if he went there.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    Hurts is a Houston kid. He might end up at UH, UT, UTSA or an area FCS school. Not sure he is what Keeler would be looking for but he could turn around a program like HBU or Lamar. They might build statues of him at PVAMU if he went there.
    Nah man. Don't put that on us. I'm fairly certain PVAMU would never reach out to him, considering he chose to play for "bama." Perhaps sTu would, since his older brother did qb for them recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    I mean, Hurts has started like 28 straight games and played half the game against UGA. I certainly don't think it is guaranteed that he transfers. I bet Alabama could still use him on offense in run packages even if they go with the other guy.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

Hey Professor, until this is actually FCS it isn't FCS so I'm moving the topic to the other sports section. Great topic just not ready for the FCS board as of yet.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

Hurts has little NFL potential as a QB, but he is a great athlete. Long term, he is better staying at Alabama as a running back, tight end, or receiver. He would also do well as a wildcat runner who has some throwing potential.
    There is also a good chance that Bama's super frosh QB my go to the NFL after next year, giving Hurts another possible year as full-time starter.
    If he still has a red-shirt year, I think G5 is more likely than FCS should he transfer.

My Team
    Abilene Christian

Eason is rumored to the University of Washington in his home state. Colorado State has also been mentioned. Mike Bobo, CSU’s Coach, recruited Eason to UGA before leaving for Fort Collins.