Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: AGS Poll Results - FINAL POLL- 2017 SEASON

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Slot voting is the only explanation as to why UCA and JSU are that high.
    Who are you going to put in front of them?? Serious question.

Major FCS Advocate Derby City Duke's Avatar
    Somewhere on the Bourbon Trail between the Jim Beam and Four Roses Distilleries

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    DANGIT!

We're still too high.
    Still jockeying for a better draft position?
    "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty." - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    What did UNH do to deserve being way higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    9-5 season in the CAA? Quarterfinal appearance? Beat the 4 seed? Blown out by the 3rd best team after two straight weeks of traveling halfway across the country? Considerably better SOS than Kennesaw and I'd say UCA>JSU, although marginally. SLC>OVC. Wofford also looked worse against NDSU than they did against SDSU. No way Wofford should be ranked higher.

How does getting to the QF not get you a top 10 rank? They're the most continuously underrated CAA team that no one gives any respect to.

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    Who are you going to put in front of them?? Serious question.
    Teams with deeper playoff runs. There were many of them.

AGS FCS Champion

The Wedge blog post for the final poll: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-...-2017-results/

After going through them all I was a bit surprised to see WIU drop like they did. They moved down four spots from the Selection Sunday poll and I thought, if anything, they should've moved up. Do folks realize they took Weber, who is the #4 team in the country according to the AGS consensus, to the wire in Ogden? I don't see how teams like USD, Stony Brook, SUU, UNI (who WIU beat head-to-head), or UNH should be ranked above them other than the fact that those teams went deeper in the tournament. WIU shouldn't be punished for having a tough first round draw IMO.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Wedge blog post for the final poll: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-...-2017-results/

After going through them all I was a bit surprised to see WIU drop like they did. They moved down four spots from the Selection Sunday poll and I thought, if anything, they should've moved up. Do folks realize they took Weber, who is the #4 team in the country according to the AGS consensus, to the wire in Ogden? I don't see how teams like USD, Stony Brook, SUU, UNI (who WIU beat head-to-head), or UNH should be ranked above them other than the fact that those teams went deeper in the tournament. WIU shouldn't be punished for having a tough first round draw IMO.
    I had WIU jump 7 spots after the playoffs. They barely lost at Weber St.
    Living the Dream

AGS FCS Champion

9-5 season in the CAA? Quarterfinal appearance? Beat the 4 seed? Blown out by the 3rd best team after two straight weeks of traveling halfway across the country? Considerably better SOS than Kennesaw and I'd say UCA>JSU, although marginally. SLC>OVC. Wofford also looked worse against NDSU than they did against SDSU. No way Wofford should be ranked higher.

How does getting to the QF not get you a top 10 rank? They're the most continuously underrated CAA team that no one gives any respect to.
    Depends on how you look at it. I looked at their CCSU win being an incredibly uninspired win against a team they should've beaten easily if they were truly the #13 team in the country. UCA was an impressive win but they were dominated statistically in that game in everything other than turnovers (the great equalizer). I actually think UNH is too high... although not egregiously enough to make a stink about it. They have an argument at #13. They don't have an argument, at least not a good one IMO, above that.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

They got past a vastly overrated UCA team and got absolutely obliterated by SDSU. I was there. That wasn’t a top ten team I saw. Just because you make the quarters doesn’t make you a top ten team. If SHSU has been more competitive with ndsu I wouldn’t have had SDSU in the top 4 either after their performance, but I did have Weber at 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

AGS FCS Champion

Teams with deeper playoff runs. There were many of them.
    The only team that had a deeper playoff run that wasn't ranked ahead of JSU or UCA was New Hampshire, unless I am missing something. The "many" are ranked ahead of JSU and UCA in the final poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Depends on how you look at it. I looked at their CCSU win being an incredibly uninspired win against a team they should've beaten easily if they were truly the #13 team in the country. UCA was an impressive win but they were dominated statistically in that game in everything other than turnovers (the great equalizer). I actually think UNH is too high... although not egregiously enough to make a stink about it. They have an argument at #13. They don't have an argument, at least not a good one IMO, above that.
    I felt that the UCA upset, over a supposed #4 team, negated anything from the CCSU performance. It was a game they weren't supposed to be in.

Some teams are paper tigers from bad conferences and they immediately lose to the first semi-challenging team they face and because of their top 10 ranking, it protects them from plummeting too hard.