Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    FCS Master

Re: AGS Poll Results - FINAL POLL- 2017 SEASON

Just for reference, Lehigh had 0 votes in the final poll of the regular season. So, what the pollsters are saying is that somewhere in that 29-59 loss to a short handed Stony Brook team, Lehigh gained some trust to be placed in that top 25. Just because they make the playoffs, doesn't mean you have to vote for them in your final poll. Wagner probably should have gotten some votes, too, then!

Beyond that, I was surprised Youngstown State and Richmond didn't climb more. Two above .500 teams that simply had brutal schedules. Richmond's losses went a combined 51-14. Youngstown's went 41-23. It's quite comical to see more votes for a 5-7 team from the Patriot than two 6-5 teams from the Valley and the CAA.
    AGS Playoff Pickem Contest Championship Game...Enter HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/pC8tIjLQtWy5a0hB3

Standings (Round 1, 2, and Cumulative): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

AGS FBS Bowl Game Pick'em Standings and Score Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    I also looked at how they (USD) represented themselves and competed in the playoff's against top 10 rated playoff competition. On the road against SHSU at least they put up a fight. How did SDSU do against JMU? I thought 4 might be a tad high for SDSU just the same as 5 was likely to high for SHSU.

I'll call it now....SDSU doesn't make the playoffs in '18....

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MTfan4life View Post
    Just for reference, Lehigh had 0 votes in the final poll of the regular season. So, what the pollsters are saying is that somewhere in that 29-59 loss to a short handed Stony Brook team, Lehigh gained some trust to be placed in that top 25. Just because they make the playoffs, doesn't mean you have to vote for them in your final poll. Wagner probably should have gotten some votes, too, then!

Beyond that, I was surprised Youngstown State and Richmond didn't climb more. Two above .500 teams that simply had brutal schedules. Richmond's losses went a combined 51-14. Youngstown's went 41-23. It's quite comical to see more votes for a 5-7 team from the Patriot than two 6-5 teams from the Valley and the CAA.
    Nicholls went from 39 points in the Selection Sunday poll to 274 points in this final poll for losing to #14 South Dakota at home. I think some voters get lazy and just put in all the playoff teams and then fill it out from there after they're all placed.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Nicholls went from 39 points in the Selection Sunday poll to 274 points in this final poll for losing to #14 South Dakota at home. I think some voters get lazy and just put in all the playoff teams and then fill it out from there after they're all placed.
    Or they simply use Sagarin and or Massey. A couple polls seemed to follow those ratings as well. Not saying it does match in many/most cases, but the placement of a couple teams in some polls seemed odd. Until I compared them to the computers and then it looked suspect. Also, the fact that a team made the playoffs is not a guarantee to be ranked in most cases, but it is simply another data point for consideration only.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

That was a problem with all the softland schools....nobody knew where to put them because they don't play anybody.

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    That was a problem with all the softland schools....nobody knew where to put them because they don't play anybody.
    They play with each other.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!