Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Who will be the surprise teams next year?

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    UNA has a big challenge on their hands. Like ACU, they are a talented D2 team moving up. I know it will probably be a few years before UNA gets good, but I am really hoping they help strengthen the conference, along with Hampton. If Kennesaw, Monmouth and UNA are all competitive, the conference should be really fun to watch!
    Still trying to figure this site out so you may see 3 times (sorry). 2018 is the transition year so we have D2 and FCS games. All the FCS games will be on the road. One of those is NDSU Bisons. So 2018 is definitely going to be a challenge. 2019 we will play our Big South football brethren, Montana Griz, Western Illinois, and Alabama A&M. A&M is a natural OOC from the past (60 miles away). My hope is we develop a good rivalry with Kennesaw as they will be our closest conference foe. Also looking forward to Hampton, Campbell, and the others. Monmouth will be a push as far as travel but I've got to admire their dedication to playing FCS with the travel distances they have in Conference.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna85 View Post
    It's a year. When it comes to jersey number, well let's just say that back then I was small but I made up for it by being slow. Sure enjoyed the watching the games though.
    Well then double welcome to an 85 grad. Me too. I blossomed late. I was a late summer baby. Always the smallest. Now I just keep growing and not in a good way. What's up with that?
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Well then double welcome to an 85 grad. Me too. I blossomed late. I was a late summer baby. Always the smallest. Now I just keep growing and not in a good way. What's up with that?
    Well, with age comes some settling of contents...blame it on gravity.

AGS FCS Champion

...well let's just say that back then I was small but I made up for it by being fast

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    Nope. Not the post I remember making. Definitely slow. I remember running the mile against a fellow named Steve Bolt and pretty much coming in about a lap behind (4 laps= mile). Course Steve later ran track for Alabama an was running 4 minutes or less. I was closer to 6 minutes...definitely slow.

AGS FCS Champion

Nope. Not the post I remember making. Definitely slow. I remember running the mile against a fellow named Steve Bolt and pretty much coming in about a lap behind (4 laps= mile). Course Steve later ran track for Alabama an was running 4 minutes or less. I was closer to 6 minutes...definitely slow.
    That's understandable given he later changed his name to Usain

AGS FCS Champion

I remember my fastest 1.5 mile run when I was at AF summer camp. I was pacing a CC runner and I couldn't keep up the last 1/2 mile or so. He did it in like 6 - 6.5 minutes. I think I came in at 8 minutes which isn't bad for 1.5 mile, and for someone who absolutely hates to run. My best ever. I think I can squeeze out a 15 minute mile and half now.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    That's understandable given he later changed his name to Usain
    ...and got a lot younger and became a sprinter. Lord hep.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    I remember my fastest 1.5 mile run when I was at AF summer camp. I was pacing a CC runner and I couldn't keep up the last 1/2 mile or so. He did it in like 6 - 6.5 minutes. I think I came in at 8 minutes which isn't bad for 1.5 mile, and for someone who absolutely hates to run. My best ever. I think I can squeeze out a 15 minute mile and half now.
    Well class of 85 and being able to cover it in 15 minutes is better than many, if not most, of yore peers. No complaints. To the main topic, I would reckon Kennesaw may not be a surprise now but I think they have potential to finish further along in 2018 than 2017. I believe the playoffs were a good learning experience of what effort is required.

AGS FCS Champion

Well class of 85 and being able to cover it in 15 minutes is better than many, if not most, of yore peers. No complaints. To the main topic, I would reckon Kennesaw may not be a surprise now but I think they have potential to finish further along in 2018 than 2017. I believe the playoffs were a good learning experience of what effort is required.
    Possibly in regard to KSU. I think part of their success, and this is not a knock on them, is that they took a few teams by surprise. Not sure they will sneak up on anyone next year, especially in the playoffs if they get in.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!