Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Winter YSU news

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Early Winter YSU news

Things are moving at YSU with personnel and coach moves. First , Pelinis brother Carl is leaving as DC to take the same position at Bowling Green. Next , OC Montgomery is leaving to take the same position at UNC Charlotte. Mostly recently, the rumor has Bozo possibly leaving to be DC at Notre Dame, yet unconfirmed . However, speaking of Notre Dame, YSU has a Graduate transfer QB from Notre Dame ( Monty VonGorder ) coming in. This is the son of the former Fired DC Brian VonGorder at Notre Dame, removed just a few years ago.

The speculation with both coordinators leaving is that Bozo is getting ready to leave or will leave after next season, after 3 straight stinking H. s. Recruit classes. This most recent early class was pretty good for a change.

Current coach McNutt, a former Ohio State star, will become the DC. McNutt recently coached YSUs secondary and he has a good coaching resume'.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Re: Early Winter YSU news

So it's basically business as usual in the Mahoning Valley?

I was hoping YSU would emerge as a consistent challenger to NDSU but no dice.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

Sorry, things haven't changed much. It is promising that the most recent early class of 12 signees include an Ohio St. TE transfer, 3 Jucos, all of whom look good and 8 H.S. Signees, most of whom are a significant improvement over the first 3 stinker classes Bozo brought in. With poor QBs on the roster, the new OC hire is faced with a miracle job. No word on who may get that position. However, all eyes are on Bozo. Will he stay or will he go.

The Don of the MVFC Mafia BisonBacker's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State
    Where ever I happen to be when you are reading this!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    Sorry, things haven't changed much. It is promising that the most recent early class of 12 signees include an Ohio St. TE transfer, 3 Jucos, all of whom look good and 8 H.S. Signees, most of whom are a significant improvement over the first 3 stinker classes Bozo brought in. With poor QBs on the roster, the new OC hire is faced with a miracle job. No word on who may get that position. However, all eyes are on Bozo. Will he stay or will he go.
    Boy he wore out that welcome pretty quick. Big surprise
    To anger a Republican lie to them. To anger a Democrat tell them the truth.
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

My Team
    Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Boy he wore out that welcome pretty quick. Big surprise

Not so fast on the Bo to Notre Dame talk. He didn't wear anyone or anything out. Everyone knew Bo wasn't going to stay here forever. This recruiting class he brought in is very good. Cupboard is far from bare.

My real name is Bisontownmocks
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by ytownchief22 View Post
    Not so fast on the Bo to Notre Dame talk. He didn't wear anyone or anything out. Everyone knew Bo wasn't going to stay here forever. This recruiting class he brought in is very good. Cupboard is far from bare.
    Bo is gone the second the Nebraska money is spent.
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Bo is gone the second the Nebraska money is spent.
    Payments end in Feb of 2019

I called him being gone within 4 years from the start - not even taking into account when his buyout ended

2018 is his 4th season.

I'm right on pace

It boils down to timing . Should he stay another year, which looks like 5-6 or 6-5 next year at this point, he won't have much to show for 4 years . Should he leave now, he still has a National Runnerup and one losing and one average season. Somewhat marketable. The risk, with as thin as they are and with little to build on with 3 straight stinker classes, it's a roll of the dice. As with this season, if juries hit just a couple of key places, a major losing season is possible, say 3-4 wins with two weenie games and an Indiana St/Mo. St. Games as well. Current staff is getting out of Dodge before a roll of the dice. Current Coaches National Convention may produce more surprises. Even if they count on incoming good class of Frosh plus transfers and Jucos, it's still young and vulnerable. And still a wild card how administration feels about the mess he created recruiting the rapist. Always a party with Bozo around.

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    It boils down to timing . Should he stay another year, which looks like 5-6 or 6-5 next year at this point, he won't have much to show for 4 years . Should he leave now, he still has a National Runnerup and one losing and one average season. Somewhat marketable. The risk, with as thin as they are and with little to build on with 3 straight stinker classes, it's a roll of the dice. As with this season, if juries hit just a couple of key places, a major losing season is possible, say 3-4 wins with two weenie games and an Indiana St/Mo. St. Games as well. Current staff is getting out of Dodge before a roll of the dice. Current Coaches National Convention may produce more surprises. Even if they count on incoming good class of Frosh plus transfers and Jucos, it's still young and vulnerable. And still a wild card how administration feels about the mess he created recruiting the rapist. Always a party with Bozo around.
    You're underestimating Bo's want to **** Nebraska.

That's why he took YSU to begin with and why he took it at such a low rate.

Nebraska owes Pelini 6.54m ($142k per month) form his buy out through Feb 19. Whatever he makes from a new school is taken out of that.

Bo took a cut rate pay at YSU specifically to keep Nebraska on the hook. He makes $213k at YSU. That is taken off of his payments. Meaning he is owed 5.something or 128k per month through Feb 19.

He wanted to stick it to Nebraska and took a job at his hometown school for his good friend at a discounted rate.

He's gone the second he's drawn enough blood from Nebraska. He'll land a CUSA, AAC or P5 assistant job when he wants too.

My real name is Bisontownmocks
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    You're underestimating Bo's want to **** Nebraska.

That's why he took YSU to begin with and why he took it at such a low rate.

Nebraska owes Pelini 6.54m ($142k per month) form his buy out through Feb 19. Whatever he makes from a new school is taken out of that.

Bo took a cut rate pay at YSU specifically to keep Nebraska on the hook. He makes $213k at YSU. That is taken off of his payments. Meaning he is owed 5.something or 128k per month through Feb 19.

He wanted to stick it to Nebraska and took a job at his hometown school for his good friend at a discounted rate.

He's gone the second he's drawn enough blood from Nebraska. He'll land a CUSA, AAC or P5 assistant job when he wants too.
    Annnnnnnnnnd ding!
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground