Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Early Winter YSU news

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    The other obvious elephant in the room is he has been paid millions and millions of dollars over the years. As a multi-millionaire, he has no need to work. What drives his ego here ? He is "home", the kids are about raised and he has moved around a lot already. His fellow buddy from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney ,Bob Stoops ,retired early from Oklahoma as a multi- millionaire . Is it time to hit the links and laugh at it all ?
    What's he going to blow his stack on a caddy?

First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar

I've decided to commemorate Bo's time at YSU with a Haiku.

No playoffs again
    Nebraska players all gone
    Must recruit felons

All true, PN. And what is even funnier, a lot of folks on the other board actually think they will be better than the 6-5 outfit he put on the field this year.

lots of speculation if more coaches are going to bail out soon. Or who the new OC will be.

And for a new parlor game this winter, what type O do you construct around the collection of abysmal QBs for next year ? lol
    Four time I-AA National Champions

All true, PN. And what is even funnier, a lot of folks on the other board actually think they will be better than the 6-5 outfit he put on the field this year.

lots of speculation if more coaches are going to bail out soon. Or who the new OC will be.

And for a new parlor game this winter, what type O do you construct around the collection of abysmal QBs for next year ? lol
    I actually see the QB situation differently. Wells was the worst QB I've witnessed at YSU. Ever. The substantial negative rushing yards and poor passing efficiency confirm that. So anything else is
    an upgrade. YSU is STACKED with great rushers. I confess I don't follow the Rapist Recruiters as closely as I used to, but I suppose playoffs are possible at 7-4...if you subtract the auto-wins (OOC, MSU, ISUb), then you only have to win 3 out of 7 games.

Well, let's see......... 4 losses ?. Weak team next year, no QB, OL in trouble, no decent WRs and TEs because of graduation, very good RBs, agreed. New OC, new DC, headjob at K, holes in the secondary and LB talent leaving. No depth except at RB, so injuries anywhere else is the path to a losing season.

So, loss to FBS, NDS, SDS, UNI and now you are down to ISUr, SIU, USD. Wins against the two OOC weenies and ISUb, maybe MSU. How many are road games ? And you are not factoring in Bozos tirades on the sideline costing them a potential win. No crowds for homes games, so home field advantage isn't there. I still remember the home game spanking SDS put on them when it was cold anD snowy. Who are they going to beat for sure to get to 7-4 ?

They were a bottom half team in the league last year With their overall record and have horrible problems this year. So they will be better ? lol
    Last edited by Paladin1aa; January 12th, 2018 at 01:41 PM.

Oops, forgot schedule changes. 5 road games - WVU, WIU, SDS,NDS and ISUr. All appear to be up next year. I project they lose all 5. Home games with Butler and Valpo ( gimme a break ), SIU,USD, UNI and ISUb. Both UNI and USD beat them last year.

You want to rethink this ?

Oops, forgot schedule changes. 5 road games - WVU, WIU, SDS,NDS and ISUr. All appear to be up next year. I project they lose all 5. Home games with Butler and Valpo ( gimme a break ), SIU,USD, UNI and ISUb. Both UNI and USD beat them last year.

You want to rethink this ?
    2018 schedule:

http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/2018-19/schedule

The November meltdowns may resume, and they'll need to enter November with no more than 2 losses. It seems like a tall order, but if they establish a TOP burning rushing based offense, resting the defense, maybe 7-4 can happen. I think you'll know the tenor of the season with the WIU, SIU games...if not 2-0 in MVFC play....then playoffs a long shot. I noticed MSU not on schedule....ouch.

Yep, MSU is replaced with WIU. So an easy win no longer there. Western was up last year. Don't see them dropping. Unless things seriously change with NLOID and they add more and better transfers/Jucos, next year is a problem. 5-6/6-5 and same as this past year ....... With injuries, they could be worse.

Big time run game takes a solid line (they don't have this) and QB who is a serious pass threat (don't have this either). Reality dead ahead.

First Class FCS Ruler Lorne_Malvo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Nation View Post
    I've decided to commemorate Bo's time at YSU with a Haiku.

No playoffs again
    Nebraska players all gone
    Must recruit felons
    I like it.

Today's big news is -- YSU opened Spring Practice today -- in the middle of winter. Yes, Bozo is in search of.............. well I'm not sure what he is in search of, but Spring practice opened today. He has both transfers and several of the Jucos to the roster that returns. While they can practice in their excellent indoor facility, everyone is wondering if they will hold a Spring game there because of bad weather outside, limiting the spectators for the game. Fun and games in Youngstown......