Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Early Winter YSU news

Things are moving at YSU with personnel and coach moves. First , Pelinis brother Carl is leaving as DC to take the same position at Bowling Green. Next , OC Montgomery is leaving to take the same position at UNC Charlotte. Mostly recently, the rumor has Bozo possibly leaving to be DC at Notre Dame, yet unconfirmed . However, speaking of Notre Dame, YSU has a Graduate transfer QB from Notre Dame ( Monty VonGorder ) coming in. This is the son of the former Fired DC Brian VonGorder at Notre Dame, removed just a few years ago.

The speculation with both coordinators leaving is that Bozo is getting ready to leave or will leave after next season, after 3 straight stinking H. s. Recruit classes. This most recent early class was pretty good for a change.

Current coach McNutt, a former Ohio State star, will become the DC. McNutt recently coached YSUs secondary and he has a good coaching resume'.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

AGS FCS Champion

Re: Early Winter YSU news

So it's basically business as usual in the Mahoning Valley?

I was hoping YSU would emerge as a consistent challenger to NDSU but no dice.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

Sorry, things haven't changed much. It is promising that the most recent early class of 12 signees include an Ohio St. TE transfer, 3 Jucos, all of whom look good and 8 H.S. Signees, most of whom are a significant improvement over the first 3 stinker classes Bozo brought in. With poor QBs on the roster, the new OC hire is faced with a miracle job. No word on who may get that position. However, all eyes are on Bozo. Will he stay or will he go.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

The Don of the MVFC Mafia
    Where ever I happen to be when you are reading this!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    Sorry, things haven't changed much. It is promising that the most recent early class of 12 signees include an Ohio St. TE transfer, 3 Jucos, all of whom look good and 8 H.S. Signees, most of whom are a significant improvement over the first 3 stinker classes Bozo brought in. With poor QBs on the roster, the new OC hire is faced with a miracle job. No word on who may get that position. However, all eyes are on Bozo. Will he stay or will he go.
    Boy he wore out that welcome pretty quick. Big surprise
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Boy he wore out that welcome pretty quick. Big surprise

Not so fast on the Bo to Notre Dame talk. He didn't wear anyone or anything out. Everyone knew Bo wasn't going to stay here forever. This recruiting class he brought in is very good. Cupboard is far from bare.

My real name is Bisontownmocks

Quote Originally Posted by ytownchief22 View Post
    Not so fast on the Bo to Notre Dame talk. He didn't wear anyone or anything out. Everyone knew Bo wasn't going to stay here forever. This recruiting class he brought in is very good. Cupboard is far from bare.
    Bo is gone the second the Nebraska money is spent.
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Bo is gone the second the Nebraska money is spent.
    Payments end in Feb of 2019

I called him being gone within 4 years from the start - not even taking into account when his buyout ended

2018 is his 4th season.

I'm right on pace
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Payments end in Feb of 2019

I called him being gone within 4 years from the start - not even taking into account when his buyout ended

2018 is his 4th season.

I'm right on pace
    There's no benefit for him to pursue an increase yet since that would just reduce Nebraska's bill. He'll be gone the second that tag along is out of the picture.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebrask...54c4e2925.html

He'll get a coordinator job somewhere.....
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    There's no benefit for him to pursue an increase yet since that would just reduce Nebraska's bill. He'll be gone the second that tag along is out of the picture.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebrask...54c4e2925.html

He'll get a coordinator job somewhere.....
    He'll probably let the final 2 or 3 months (Jan and Feb) slide from Nebraska for him to get a different job.

Also, realistically speaking YSU should, by right, fire him after this year unless he puts together a special season. Yeah, he caught magic with that run last year but he's 5-6 and 6-5 on either side of that run. Realistically it's a 6-5 team next year.

17-16 in his 3 other seasons
    Making national news recruiting rapists and putting them on the field

Surely that'd get any other coach fired, right?
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    He'll probably let the final 2 or 3 months (Jan and Feb) slide from Nebraska for him to get a different job.
    Probably.
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case: