Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: The 2018 MVFC Megathread - brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Ha, I just try to keep some of the Bizun fans in check. I got #triggered when I saw that someone didn't think it was a bold prediction that Stick would win it.
    For me, I just hadnít bickered with NDSU fans in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    I think that I’m having a different discussion than NDSU fans are then. I didn’t say the bison won in spite of Stick, and have been arguing on the premise of Stick being Peyton worthy/better than TC. I was saying that the bison as a team have been good enough to win in spite of port qb play, not that they have had poor qb play. Which led to me arguing that Stick hasn’t been asked to carry his team to W’s like many qbs on the Peyton list have had to. I’ve even said Stick is a good qb multiple times. I have noticed that ndsu fans have taken to reading fragments of sentences so they can feel indignation at such heresy instead of reading an entire post as it’s written

Well, when you're dealing in hypotheticals like that there's all sorts of ways your comment could be taken and taking it as an insult is not a trait only NDSU fans have. Leaving the "how good is Stick argument aside" I'd say you are undervaluing the QB position at NDSU.

Case in point is the difference between the 2010 and 2011 Bison. In 2010 they ran for 174.3 yards per game at 4.5 ypc. In 2011 they ran for 173.3 yards per game at 4.9 ypc. In 2010 they lost 5 games and lost out in the quarters. In 2011 they lost 1 game and won a national title. Why? Well the defense was much better in 2011 but I'd also point to the fact that the offensive pass efficiency was light years better. In 2010 the completion percentage was under 50% (161-308) which led to a 3rd down conversion rate of only 29%. In 2011 the completion percentage went up to 67% and likewise the 3rd down conversion rate rose to 42.3%. This increased passing efficiency and corresponding 3rd down efficiency allowed them to increase TOP which led to the defense being on the field less which is really the entire blueprint for this title run. Yes, the NDSU defense has been stellar since 2011 but the fact that the offense is so good at holding onto the ball is as much a reflection of that as anything.

So, while I agree that an NDSU QB doesn't need to put up Payton like numbers for them to be successful, the play of the QB has a trickle down effect that really makes the machine that Bison football has become go. NDSU could win with poor QB play like they had in 2010 where they won 9 games and lost 5 and made the national quarterfinals. NDSU wouldn't be the championship level team they've been for the last 7 years without some very efficient QB play that helps keep the sticks moving.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Ha, I just try to keep some of the Bizun fans in check. I got #triggered when I saw that someone didn't think it was a bold prediction that Stick would win it.
    If Stick wins the WP, I'm going to be disappointed on how our season went.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Alternatively, TC might have to win the award for me to not be disappointed on how our season went.
    No, but I did eat Casey's Breakfast Pizza this morning.

AGS FCS Champion

Looks like a lot of us will be getting ESPN+ if you want to watch MVFC games this year.

http://valley-football.org/news/2018...spn3-espn.aspx

50 conference games will be aired with 43 being on ESPN+ and the rest on ESPN3 according to this. On the plus side, the MVFC will have its own channel on the app, which is cool.

I am ED. #FEARME

AGS FCS Champion

Looks like a lot of us will be getting ESPN+ if you want to watch MVFC games this year.

http://valley-football.org/news/2018/8/10/football-mvfc-announces-2018-television-package-on-espn3-espn.aspx

50 conference games will be aired with 43 being on ESPN+ and the rest on ESPN3 according to this. On the plus side, the MVFC will have its own channel on the app, which is cool.

Getting half of the Swans games for Championship football ($7 for the ones not on ESPN+) and now Bison games (still wish they would have stayed on ESPN3), I'd say the 50 for the year is not bad at all.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

FCS Champion

I plan on being at pretty much all our home games as well as our game at Illinois State, so it looks like I can pick up ESPN+ before our October 20th game at Missouri State and cancel after our November 10th game at South Dakota and still be able to see all of our games.

Has anyone heard anything about playoff games? Those still going to be available on ESPN2/3?
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

"Time is money; Money is power; Power is pizza; Pizza is knowledge. Let's go!"

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Yep, the wheels would have to be off of the mighty Bison machine for him to get the WP. No way he gets it if the Bison are playing Bison football.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Getting half of the Swans games for Championship football ($7 for the ones not on ESPN+) and now Bison games (still wish they would have stayed on ESPN3), I'd say the 50 for the year is not bad at all.
    Who the hell are the Swans?

I am ED. #FEARME

AGS FCS Champion

Who the hell are the Swans?

Swansea City AFC. My FA club I have been following for the last few years.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn