Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Re: The 2018 MVFC Megathread - brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by JayJ79 View Post
    used to be, back when both teams were good. Now they're both mediocre at best (as far as MVFC teams go).

Was bound to happen though, since there is no way UNI will ever get to skip playing all the Dakota teams (the whole system is set up to reduce the number of times the eastern teams have to travel to the Dakotas)
    Why does the MVFC not just go to division format? Makes things a lot easier scheduling wise.

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    Why does the MVFC not just go to division format? Makes things a lot easier scheduling wise.
    Cause then it'll be the hard division and the easy division?
    Last edited by Trumpster; January 11th, 2018 at 05:51 PM.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    We’ve laid out tons of options and there isn’t a good way to split.

What’s your thoughts on divisions? Maybe an outside will have something that looks relatively even?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

2018 Prognostications already started.

Barstool

Pride of the Western Plain

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    Lakes has started a thread on gohens

so far I'm really not seeing why you guys are so paranoid of Lakes, but having said that we got a lot of ground to cover before September 21
    You can have Lakes.😂

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
    The Original Da Bison

Not to be confused with imposters

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    We’ve laid out tons of options and there isn’t a good way to split.

What’s your thoughts on divisions? Maybe an outside will have something that looks relatively even?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well to make the divisions even you obviously need to add a member. Murray St? Eastern Illinois? Maybe if the Idaho drop goes well and other crap FBS schools drop, pick them up (Most MAC Schools)? None of these seem like good options at all. Looking at possible divisions as is (including UND), you would have a division with all of the Dakotas, UNI and maybe WIU in one division. On the other side you have many of the lower tier schools, save Youngstown. So East West doesn’t work. Maybe North South? You would still have most of the Dakotas and UNI. The only way divisions really work is to do what the BIG did a few years back with the stupid “legends” and “leaders” divisions. Maybe that way? I just doesn’t make sense. But I think that would be the best fit if you had to do it.

I hate divisions. You always get the---you dint play this team or that team etc etc. There is no reason you cant play every team in the conference. All you have to do is eliminate some of the ooc games.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    I hate divisions. You always get the---you dint play this team or that team etc etc. There is no reason you cant play every team in the conference. All you have to do is eliminate some of the ooc games.
    I think having the "you didn't play team X in your conference" argument thrown out there is a much better alternative to the "your conference didn't play any OOC FCS games because of your 9/10 game conference schedule" argument. The SLC going to a 9 game conference schedule essentially meant they had, on average, less than one OOC FCS opponent per team in their conference.

IMO in a perfect world no conferences would have more than 9 teams so everyone could play each other within their own conference each year and still play 3 OOC games but, if that can't be possible, I'm firmly in the camp that each conference should have 8 conference games at most so we don't get schedules that are so insulated within their own conference (since almost every team needs to play an FBS game and a lot of teams play D2 games for a cheap home game).
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Master

Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about Dallas Goedert's grandpa and some information he provided in a packet to Mike McFeely. He mentions that numerous agents were trying to get Goedert to declare for the NFL draft after his junior season.

https://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2018/...has-many-fans/

Dewey