Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
This is mainly a question for clenz, and other MVC posters(not interested in Dakota responses). This isn't exactly the right thread for this question, but it's about the MVFC and I didn't want to start a new thread.

With UND bringing the MVFC breakdown to five Summit, five MVC and one Horizon, do any of you MVC posters think your schools would be for or against moving the MVFC into the Summit? It would be like the old A-10 to CAA move several years ago. Basically just a name and office location change. Same schools, same scheduling, just a different name. The Summit bylaws could be amended to keep football decisions separate from regular Summit decisions so the status quo could be maintained.

The reason would be to shore up the Summit's autobids and add some more stability. Just wondering where the feelings would be on a spectrum of "don't really care" to "hell no, we'd never do that". Again, not asking so much about your feelings about the idea, but the feelings of your schools(athletic departments, administrations, etc.).

Personally, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I like the MVFC name and that it's separate and can keep focused on good football. I'd rather see the Summit strengthen itself using traditional methods of bringing in strong schools and holding onto them. But I'm not opposed to using loopholes to keep things together if it's needed.

I know this topic has come up before in other ways, but I'd like to hear just the MVC opinions, not what the vocal Dakota group thinks.
There aren't any rivalries, and nobody wants, or in SIU's case, can afford the extra travel costs.