Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 559
  1. #321
    FCS Master SFA 93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Leander, Texas
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    The Southland Conference at the FCS level set a single-season conference record with 472,342 total fans attending games in 2017.

    http://footballfoundation.org/News/N...ttendance-data
    FB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2014
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    TOTAL SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 89
    MBB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1931 32 33 34 35 36 40 48 55 64 67 70 71 72 82 83 87 08 09 13 14 15 16 18
    SLC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2010 2012 2015 2016 2017


    AXE'EM JACKS!

  2. #322
    AGS FCS Champion
    BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,485

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    According to the NCAA attendance numbers for home games in the SLC: (5 or 6 games)
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs

    SFA- 11,376
    ACU- 10,441
    McNeese 9399
    UCA- 8550
    Nicholls- 7883
    NWST- 7550
    SHSU- 6986
    Lamar- 6607
    SLU- 5620
    IWU- 4881
    HBU- 2550


    SFA- What are you guys doing to get that average?
    ACU- Well done newbies. That new stadium will build on that too!
    McNeese- You guys have good food and great tailgating. No surprise.
    UCA- We got deer season killing attendance at our last two games. Sigh. Gotta fix that and draw a different crowd to those games.
    Nicholls- Well done. I bet its higher this year. Lots of promise.
    NWST- Exceptional for a program with a tough go of it lately.
    SHSU- Does your community know you have winning football? Or are they allowed out for recreation at all. J/K
    Lamar- You guys are in a great place with your funding. Do something to attract some fans.
    SLU- Give away free alligator or something. You guys have a winning program thats a tough out every year for most teams.
    IWU- Um. expected.
    HBU- Bottom of this stat too. Do better.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous

  3. #323
    FCS Expert McNeese72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,996

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    According to the NCAA attendance numbers for home games in the SLC: (5 or 6 games)
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs

    SFA- 11,376
    ACU- 10,441
    McNeese 9399
    UCA- 8550
    Nicholls- 7883
    NWST- 7550
    SHSU- 6986
    Lamar- 6607
    SLU- 5620
    IWU- 4881
    HBU- 2550


    SFA- What are you guys doing to get that average?
    ACU- Well done newbies. That new stadium will build on that too!
    McNeese- You guys have good food and great tailgating. No surprise.
    UCA- We got deer season killing attendance at our last two games. Sigh. Gotta fix that and draw a different crowd to those games.
    Nicholls- Well done. I bet its higher this year. Lots of promise.
    NWST- Exceptional for a program with a tough go of it lately.
    SHSU- Does your community know you have winning football? Or are they allowed out for recreation at all. J/K
    Lamar- You guys are in a great place with your funding. Do something to attract some fans.
    SLU- Give away free alligator or something. You guys have a winning program thats a tough out every year for most teams.
    IWU- Um. expected.
    HBU- Bottom of this stat too. Do better.
    That number sucks compared to what it used to be in the late 90's and early 2000's.

    Doc

  4. #324
    FCS Expert McNeese72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,996

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    Turf project completed. Drone photo someone took of the field this week.



    Doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turf_5_15_2018.jpg  

  5. #325
    FCS Master SFA 93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Leander, Texas
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread



    SFA up 15% in attendance from 2016

    If you are in Nac. (very isolated) you want to be at SFA

    The game day experience in Nac is pretty good.




    The students love game day (Also the Jacks football team walks through this student section on their way to the field.)



    The Purple Haze Student Section (Bring your axe handle)







    The SFA Band's march through town before the game.


    The Jacks' Charge (Students get to run the field in front of the football team.)


    Ole Cotton on the field with the ROTC


    Chopping the wood at midfield before the game.

    FB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2014
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    TOTAL SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 89
    MBB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1931 32 33 34 35 36 40 48 55 64 67 70 71 72 82 83 87 08 09 13 14 15 16 18
    SLC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2010 2012 2015 2016 2017


    AXE'EM JACKS!

  6. #326
    FCS Master SFA 93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Leander, Texas
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    Day 1 as a LA Ram








    FB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2014
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    TOTAL SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 89
    MBB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1931 32 33 34 35 36 40 48 55 64 67 70 71 72 82 83 87 08 09 13 14 15 16 18
    SLC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2010 2012 2015 2016 2017


    AXE'EM JACKS!

  7. #327
    First Class FCS Ruler katss07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    871

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    Well damn, SFA has such a good “game day experience”, just too bad it doesn’t translate to winning.

    Sam gets two decent crowds per year. Parents weekend and a late round playoff game (if we host). Other than that...6000 is about right. Oh and the BOTPW.

  8. #328
    AGS FCS Master
    Daytripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,875

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    Well damn, SFA has such a good “game day experience”, just too bad it doesn’t translate to winning.

    Sam gets two decent crowds per year. Parents weekend and a late round playoff game (if we host). Other than that...6000 is about right. Oh and the BOTPW.
    And Huntsville is stuck too close to TAMU and UH, while also having a significant commuter student population. It is what it is..
    I'm a very stable genius.

  9. #329
    FCS Master SFA 93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Leander, Texas
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    Lol yes another good reason we have good crowds, as we are always showing up hoping this is the season for winning.
    FB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2014
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    TOTAL SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 89
    MBB CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1931 32 33 34 35 36 40 48 55 64 67 70 71 72 82 83 87 08 09 13 14 15 16 18
    SLC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2010 2012 2015 2016 2017


    AXE'EM JACKS!

  10. #330
    AGS FCS Champion
    BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,485

    Re: 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SFA 93 View Post
    Lol yes another good reason we have good crowds, as we are always showing up hoping this is the season for winning.
    Get rid of Crink Crank...
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous

Similar Threads

  1. CAA Postseason/Offseason thread
    By Gangtackle11 in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 503
    Last Post: September 8th, 2017, 06:00 PM
  2. Southland Offseason Thread
    By Daytripper in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 824
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2017, 04:48 PM
  3. NEC Football 2017 offseason/preseason thread
    By Original_RMC in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 5th, 2016, 01:51 PM
  4. chattanooga Mocs offseason thread.
    By chattownmocs in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: February 19th, 2015, 03:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •