Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Re: SoCon Offseason 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Roughly, SoCon-related & since someone recently mentioned Jerry Richardson, I thought this might be of interest to SoCon Fans. Kind of funny & kind of sad from several different perspectives.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...214614785.html

Actually, one directly related SoCon point. If I’m reading this right, it seems Mr. Tepper plans to build dedicated Practice Facilities for the Panthers; so their stint at Wofford appears to be drawing to a close.
    FUBeAR, the way I understood the article is Tepper plans to establish a training facility away from Bank Of America Stadium where the existing training grounds are located, and build one in South Carolina, probably in Fort Mill. He would then put that very valuable property to a more profitable use. The "camp" at wofford was not discussed but I have to think he will continue there for awhile. He has repeatedly stated that he values the NC/SC connection and wants to better foster it. On the negative side, more and more NFL teams are doing away with training camps and that doesn't bode well for future years.

Welp...the exodus of Long-tenured folks from Wofford Football continues...

https://spartanburgsportsradio.com/2...m-mark-hauser/

Thought he was one of the best around. Yep, he was a hard-core ‘homer,’ but he actually did his homework on the Terriers’ opponents, understood the game, and presented the events occurring on the field in an insightful & entertaining way.

It will be interesting to note if his replacement has history and/or family ties with the new regime there. If so, would it be fair to observe that this is starting to seem more like a purge than the orderly transition one might see after a well-planned retirement of an exceptionally long-tenured & beloved leader?
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

First Class FCS Advocate sudog03's Avatar

I think you are about to see several SoCon teams not carry broadcast teams on the road and just use contract employees at a greatly reduced cost to broadcast home games on ESPN3. Hate to Hauser treated like that, even though he was a contract employee with IMG, doesn't sound right that no one with Wofford had reached out.

Thought he was one of the best around. Yep, he was a hard-core ‘homer,’ but he actually did his homework on the Terriers’ opponents, understood the game, and presented the events occurring on the field in an insightful & entertaining way.

It will be interesting to note if his replacement has history and/or family ties with the new regime there. If so, would it be fair to observe that this is starting to seem more like a purge than the orderly transition one might see after a well-planned retirement of an exceptionally long-tenured & beloved leader?
    This all continues to be hard to believe.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

AGS FCS Champion

As some funk/pop/dance song lyric, which I can’t quite place, & it’s driving me crazy, says...

”1 and 2 and you know what to do”...

POINT/COUNTERPOINT: Which Conference is Better Positioned for 2018 -- SoCon or Big Sky?

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...onference-cici

(HINT: click the link above & vote SoCon - if, you, like me, are tired of seeing the BIG Lie Conference get 10 of their 42 Teams in the Playoffs every year & all of them losing to non-scholarship Teams in the 1st round.)

#MSCGA
    East Tennessee state? Is that a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sudog03 View Post
    I think you are about to see several SoCon teams not carry broadcast teams on the road ......

Hell, VMI's SID has been the #1 radio voice for over 29 years (he was the assistant SID when he was given the microphone.....), more proof VMI ain't throwin' around the $$$$
    1-AA is tops!!

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    East Tennessee state? Is that a thing?
    Yep. Just became an ‘official’ SoCon Football Member in 2016 after re-booting Football in 2015. Bucs may have a breakout year this season with a new HC at the helm as they hired Florida State’s OC this off-season. If you want to take a look at ETSU, they’ll be squaring off against the Tennessee Vols on 9/8 @ 4 PM on the SEC Network. A couple of facts about those MountainPirates:

* They own a recent win (2016) over everyone’s new darlin’ - Kennesaw
    * They also beat perennial near-Playoff-Team, WCU & Playoff-bound Samford, everyone’s other new darlin’, in 2016 - their 1st year in the SoCon.
    * In 2017, they beat Mercer the week after Mercer almost took down, SEC West Champion, Auburn
    * They also took SoCon Champion, Wofford, to the wire in 2017 - http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400951363
    * They have NEVER lost a Playoff game to a Non-Scholarship Team

With their continued rise, the SoCon truly is 8 (of 9) Teams DEEP. Honestly, I would only truly be surprised if VMI were the SoCon Champion in 2018. All of the other 8 SoCon Teams all have a shot at the Title & are potential Playoff Teams.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

AGS FCS Champion

Yep. Just became an ‘official’ SoCon Football Member in 2016 after re-booting Football in 2015. Bucs may have a breakout year this season with a new HC at the helm as they hired Florida State’s OC this off-season. If you want to take a look at ETSU, they’ll be squaring off against the Tennessee Vols on 9/8 @ 4 PM on the SEC Network. A couple of facts about those MountainPirates:

* They own a recent win (2016) over everyone’s new darlin’ - Kennesaw
    * They also beat perennial near-Playoff-Team, WCU & Playoff-bound Samford, everyone’s other new darlin’, in 2016 - their 1st year in the SoCon.
    * In 2017, they beat Mercer the week after Mercer almost took down, SEC West Champion, Auburn
    * They also took SoCon Champion, Wofford, to the wire in 2017 - http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400951363
    * They have NEVER lost a Playoff game to a Non-Scholarship Team

With their continued rise, the SoCon truly is 8 (of 9) Teams DEEP. Honestly, I would only truly be surprised if VMI were the SoCon Champion in 2018. All of the other 8 SoCon Teams all have a shot at the Title & are potential Playoff Teams.

I sure hate to hear this. FUB - BINGO - Hauser was good, really good. He was always up to date on every opponent's personnel and I loved listening to him on the Inside Wofford Football video recaps. IMO, Wofford should have found some way to manage to keep this guy.