Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: SoCon Offseason 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    Wofford DC Sheil Wood heading to Georgia Tech to coach Safeties.

Dominoes are falling
    Yeah - Just learned that Coach Conklin’s father-in-law is EVP of Gibbs International. Wofford’s Stadium is named after Mr. Gibbs, who is, reportedly, Woffy’s 2nd largest donor (after Carolina Panthers’ soon-to-be-Former owner, Jerry Richardson).

With Coach Ayers not publicly (that I have seen) supporting Conklin’s hire & 5 or 6 fairly long-term Assistants pulling the Ejection seat lever within 2 weeks or so of the hiring announcement, I would be a bit antsy if I were a RatDog Fan. This whole situation just doesn’t seem to pass ‘the smell test’ to me, especially in light of Wofford Football’s history of stability & success. Also, if Conklin and the revamped staff don’t do well, the decision to make a change might be a rather difficult one to make considering his family ties to such deep black & gold-lined pockets.

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe all of this is just part & parcel of “The Wofford Way” and it’s going to work out just great.

Stay tuned...
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

Accord to Wofford’s “beat writer,” Todd Shanesy, there’s a lot of changes going on right now http://www.goupstate.com/news/201801...t-georgia-tech

The Terriers may not skip a beat, but having most of your coaching staff leaving or trying to leave (including the recruiting coordinator) two weeks before signing day isn’t a great look.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

AGS FCS Champion

Seems to be a lot of rat dogs leaving the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
    In addition to VMI losing Hodges ......starting HB Daz Palmer is on the fence; ..
    Palmer has become a daddy, has transferred to Virginia State......Hubbard and Deng are enrolled at Independence Comm. College......
    1-AA is tops!!

AGS FCS Champion

Palmer has become a daddy, has transferred to Virginia State......Hubbard and Deng are enrolled at Independence Comm. College......
    When it rains, it pours.

FCS Champion

Does this mean VMI is the underdog for every game next year before the schedule is even completed?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Does this mean VMI is the underdog for every game next year before the schedule is even completed?
    They lost pretty much every decent player off of a team that wasn't competitive in any game this year.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    The Shaws are well-known/connected in South Georgia and Metro ATL also - http://onlineathens.com/sports-colle...d-georgia-tech

Very strong, young talent add for the FU Staff.
    I wait to judge on EVERY hire. We were all excited over Fowler and his dedication to running the ball too. NONE of that panned out - not winning or really running the ball.

As PaladinFan says, every school gets excited over a lot of hires. Only time will tell. Shaw seems a great guy but no real coaching experience. Might be best thing ever. Might not. We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    Accord to Wofford’s “beat writer,” Todd Shanesy, there’s a lot of changes going on right now http://www.goupstate.com/news/201801...t-georgia-tech

The Terriers may not skip a beat, but having most of your coaching staff leaving or trying to leave (including the recruiting coordinator) two weeks before signing day isn’t a great look.
    Ayers gone

D. ILB coach gasparato gone to App
    D. DL (and recruiting?) guy Raise interviewing at GT. In flux - might or might not be gone
    O. OL coach Nash gone

I think that's what I see so far

doesn't raise do recruiting?

Master FCS Advocate UpstateBison's Avatar

I think Wofford has some challenges. Who is the SoCon auto bid next year? It has been 10 years since a SoCon team has been in the NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No good story starts with I was sober......