Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriot League Class of 2022: Recruiting List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Patriot League Class of 2022: Recruiting List

All the NLI signed recruits that I could find going to Patriot League schools:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspo...-class-of.html

5/7 schools had a release of who signed NLI's today. One school didn't have a release, but I was able to cobble together their list from Twitter - that was Fordham. And Georgetown.... well... I'm still waiting.

As I get more releases and tweets, I'll add them to my master list.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

AGS FCS Champion

Re: Patriot League Class of 2022: Recruiting List

Thanks LFN. Expect we'll see another round of verbals added to the few who didnt or wont sign now. Noticing a lot more PWO offers from PL teams. Recruiting strategies have modified quite a bit since the first few years of schollies.

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

I hate to sound like DFW here, but I am concerned that Georgetown didn't do anything with this current early signing period - no release, no tweets, nothing. It has become clear that the right move was to treat 12/20 as the new Signing Day, and while Fordham's oversight of a release was highly mitigated by a robust list of Twitter commits, Georgetown did nothing. I'm hoping they have some sort of release today.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation View Post
    I hate to sound like DFW here, but I am concerned that Georgetown didn't do anything with this current early signing period - no release, no tweets, nothing. It has become clear that the right move was to treat 12/20 as the new Signing Day, and while Fordham's oversight of a release was highly mitigated by a robust list of Twitter commits, Georgetown did nothing. I'm hoping they have some sort of release today.
    But who can they really sign up? Aren't they in the same boat the rest of the PL was in during the pre-scholly days? We didn't have signing day releases then either, we had to wait until they accepted an admission offer to the university.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    But who can they really sign up? Aren't they in the same boat the rest of the PL was in during the pre-scholly days? We didn't have signing day releases then either, we had to wait until they accepted an admission offer to the university.

Hoyas did have a NSD release last year. My guess is GU has enabled a separate pool of admissions for football so as to allow NSD releases now unlike Ivies. Speculate that no release now as Admissions not done yet. DFW will likely know for sure.

That means that of the 6 schools LFN has information on, we see a high of 16 signings (Colgate) down to a low of 10 (Fordham). Every one of those numbers is a lot higher than I expected. In my mind (a dangerous place to be) that would mean that most of the remaining spots are being held for kids who fall out of the FBS recruiting process at the last minute. Also, and LFN will eventually answer this question, are these primarily guys who had no hopes of moving up the recruiting food chain as we moved closer to the February signing deadline? Are we looking at a lot of same-old, same-old here?

Lafayette's signing of QB Troy Fisher of Pittsburgh Central Catholic, a pretty decent catch who passed on Boston College and a few other FBS offers to sign with the Leopards, triggers a few questions in my mind. First, did Coach Garrett make playing time promises to induce the kid to sign? Second, I always had that same question about freshman Sean O'Malley, who got more than the lion's share of playing time this year when Garrett had a cadre of QBs at his disposal during stretches when O'Malley was an inconsistent interception machine.
    Last edited by carney2; December 21st, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by carney2 View Post
    That means that of the 6 schools LFN has information on, we see a high of 16 signings (Colgate) down to a low of 10 (Fordham). Every one of those numbers is a lot higher than I expected. In my mind (a dangerous place to be) that would mean that most of the remaining spots are being held for kids who fall out of the FBS recruiting process at the last minute. Also, and LFN will eventually answer this question, are these primarily guys who had no hopes of moving up the recruiting food chain as we moved closer to the February signing deadline? Are we looking at a lot of same-old, same-old here?

Lafayette's signing of QB Troy Fisher of Pittsburgh Central Catholic, a pretty decent catch who passed on Boston College and a few other FBS offers to sign with the Leopards, triggers a few questions in my mind. First, did Coach Garrett make playing time promises to induce the kid to sign? Second, I always had that same question about freshman Sean O'Malley, who got more than the lion's share of playing time this year when Garrett had a cadre of QBs at his disposal during stretches when O'Malley was an inconsistent interception machine.
    Gonna bet Fisher will be your QB next year. Speculate that none of your QB squad has a full ride if any have a schollie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    Gonna bet Fisher will be your QB next year. Speculate that none of your QB squad has a full ride if any have a schollie at all.
    Northrup and McCrum are on scholarship.

Mussina, O'Malley are not along with 2 others who are clearly walk on's. I sure hope this Fisher kid is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by carney2 View Post

My quick perusal of Lehigh's list shows a few jems and a lot of the same old, same old. In fact, the release reads a lot more like the filler folks we used to add at the end of our lists in the pre scholly days. Based on my very little investigation, there are very few that get me excited as potential D-I scholarship athletes, along with one or two that seem like they could be really good gets.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    My quick perusal of Lehigh's list shows a few jems and a lot of the same old, same old. In fact, the release reads a lot more like the filler folks we used to add at the end of our lists in the pre scholly days. Based on my very little investigation, there are very few that get me excited as potential D-I scholarship athletes, along with one or two that seem like they could be really good gets.
    Just a quick look at other offers
    Allen AFA Army Princeton
    Beesmer mult Ivy offers
    Laurencelle Army AFA. Ball St
    Falcone. Mac Ivy and PL.
    Snyder EKentucky Army SoCon
    Fris aFA Army Bowling Green McNeese Ivies
    Rivera E.Mich and most of Ivies incl HYP
    Mickens. Kent St Monmouth Ivys
    Rybka Army Rutgers Ivies
    Both Gurth and Maciejewski committed pre season may have limited other offers
    Last edited by RichH2; December 21st, 2017 at 04:50 PM.