Quote Originally Posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
If you look back at who's been in place, though, seems like the end of each coaches' tenure makes sense
1999-2003: Dave Clawson, finished with 10-3 and 9-3 seasons, now at Wake Forest
2004-2005: Ed Foley, down to 1-10 in 2 years, fired
2006-2011: Tom Masella, hit 8-4 and won the league in his second year, finished at 1-11, then fired
2012-2015: Joe Moorhead, finished with 12-2, 11-3, 9-3, now at Mississippi State
2016-2017: Briener, 8-3 then 4-7 (though now promoted up the ladder to Miss. St)

I've said this in other places, but is there another program that rides the rollercoaster quite like Fordham?
I see what you're saying but I take it as a sign of a well run program with high expectations. Clawson moved up the ladder and things went in the tank with his OC, Foley, and the AD quickly pulled the plug. Massella had a good run early and as soon as the wheels came off, they pulled the plug on him too and landed the best HC we've had in the modern era. Breiner severely disappointed and opted for security and to be re-united with his mentor rather than risk his job in a season where so little returns. He's a smart guy but severely underperformed and that was with a loaded team this past year.

We're using a search firm to help us with this hire and I really think this is one sport where we've managed things well. Perform to high expectations or you're gone but if you meet those expectations, Fordham is a great stepping stone to bigger things. My PL brethren would be thriving, given their much better facilities and higher academic ranking if they took this approach imo.