Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: UNI Time for Farley...

Farley's kid is generally seen as one of the MVFC better linebackers. To imply that he was on team because of who his dad is shows how blind people can get when they get irrational. There are 8 other teams that would have welcomed him in a heartbeat.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

UNI Time for Farley...

Anyone who thinks Jake or Jared playing was because of his father being the coach deserves a bullet to the kneecap.

Jake was a B12 recruit that transferred back to UNI. Jared committed so early no one else went after him. He also lost a season to a broken leg in HS. Between the two of them I believe there are something like 7 different types of all conference honors and probably 6 or 7 all American honors. Both were Buchannon award finalists.

I will literally fight anyone who thinks they played because of nepotism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Anyone who thinks Jake or Jared playing was because of his father being the coach deserves a bullet to the kneecap.

Jake was a B12 recruit that transferred back to UNI. Jared committed so early no one else went after him. He also lost a season to a broken leg in HS. Between the two of them I believe there are something like 7 different types of all conference honors and probably 6 or 7 all American honors. Both were Buchannon award finalists.

Those two kids were fantastic football players.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Just looked

Jake had 12 different All Conference/All District/All American honors on his own - does not include preseason honors as I didn't feel like tracking those down
    Jared isn't yet complete with honors but he'll end up around 10-12 as well.

Not bad for two kids who only got to play because their dad was the coach.
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

First Class FCS Advocate neverobeyed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Just like the old man. Mark was tenacious on the field.

All three were among the best players on the field any time they were on the field. I wish there were more in the queue.

FCS EGG-HOLE

Quote Originally Posted by neverobeyed View Post

All three were among the best players on the field any time they were on the field. I wish there were more in the queue.
    ...YA KNOW....YOUSE CAN BOTTLE DAT STUFF.............AWK!

To be fair to this situation

UNIs DOPS guy got offered a position by the Seattle Seahawks in late July in their scouting department.

Jamie grew up in the UNI football program. The DOPS position is pretty easy and requires no football knowledge- which she actually has.

It was a quick hire because it needed to be. She reports to the AD, not to Mark.

As for the topic of this thread - yes. Iím hoping he gets a LB or DC role on Scott Frosts Nebraska staff. The buy out gets taken care of and we go aggressively after an offensive mind

Just announced some of the assistants here in Lincoln. And appears the whole defensive staff is already filled so unlikely Farley comes here. Unless you mean Jared being a Grad Assistant since his girlfriend is already attending grad school at UNL.

always seems kind of weird to me to discuss the personal lives of college kids on a forum like this. Though I suppose alot of things about life (and the internet) are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by neverobeyed View Post

When we played them I loved watching them play.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Maybe I missed it in skimming over the threads but was someone stating that the Farley kids only played because their dad was the coach? If so that was ridiculous and potentially dumb post of the year candidate.

Those two were fun to watch. I bet the daughter cpuld play linebacker better than most

Dewey
    "You're not defined by a moment, you're defined by your body of work, and that's the best body of work in college football." NDSU head football coach Chris Klieman