Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
Not making a change because “things could be worse” is the sign of a scared program. The sign of an unwillingness to push for hiring things. It’s fear based. It’s short sighted.

Dunbar was 29-14 in 4 years before he was canned because that wasn’t acceptable. 7-4 is now considered a good season at UNI.

There is a decent chance that doing nothing will continue to make the program worse and we actually have proof of that. Not just a hypothetical built on fear.

UNI has now lost at least 5 games 6 years in a row and 7 of the last 8. It’s been 6 seasons since our last conference title. The longest streak before this in our D1 era? 4 seasons (97-00). Those horrid Dunbar years. Outside of that? 2 seasons (88, 89).

Literally nothing about the direction of this program is acceptable right now. If Dunbar wasn’t acceptable than neither is Farley. This is the worst 8 year span in UNI D1 history. More losses than any other 8 year span. More conference losses. Fewer conference titles.

If “it could be worse” is the reasoning as a fan base, we deserve worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay is right that comparing the MVFC to the Gateway is apples and oranges.

You're right that not making a change because of fear of things getting worse is a sign of scared program. I've seen changes made with the belief that a program will improve and then when it doesn't fans act like they never supported the change and question why it was made. I'm just saying that if we're going to make a change let's make it with our eyes open and understand that there is risk involved. As I said earlier, I'm a fan and will support the program with Mark or another coach in charge.

Back to one of your earlier posts, the best case scenario for a change is Mark leaving voluntarily. He's been a huge part of the school for such a long time that forcing him out is going to cause a rift.