Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

UNI Time for Farley...

It's time for Farley to go. Each year he slips more and more.

Pro:
    • Defense - Gives up big plays time and time again. Farley insists in playing a zone pass defense and continues to get burned year after year.
    • Offense - Continues to struggle with the run after the absence of David Johnson. Biggest criticism is still trying for a running QB in the option play. Give it up! Hasn't worked for 7 years.
    • Offense - Fails to hire an offensive coordinator after driving away their long term coordinator. Farley thinks he can call the plays from the sideline.
    • Offense - Play calling is stagnant and very predictable. Where the fans are yelling out the play before the hike.
    • Nepotism with his youngest son playing... yes, his older son played for UNI as well. Questionable if he is the best choice. Has him playing defense and offense.
    • Nepotism - This time with his daughter taking the reins as UNI Director of football operations. WTF is this?

Con:
    • His leaving will cause a transition period, but one that is necessary for the program to grow.
    "We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom." -- Stephen Vincent Benét

Re: UNI Time for Farley...

But his daughter needs the job....

Meh. We were supposed to lose and they are 3/3 on 4th down conversions. I’ve been mad at him before, but not today.
    I have been on panthernation for years and marvel at how you and clenz always bitched about Lakes being stupid, you guys are being stupid.” -Woody Hayes

***hold my beer***

“My name is Rick Milks, I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and I seem to have a dude that is in love with me. I am 1988 on Panthernation and I have had seats in section R, in the front row in the UNI Dome for 25 years.” - Woody Hayes

AGS Circle of Influence Member

UNI Time for Farley...

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    But his daughter needs the job....
    To be fair to this situation

UNIs DOPS guy got offered a position by the Seattle Seahawks in late July in their scouting department.

Jamie grew up in the UNI football program. The DOPS position is pretty easy and requires no football knowledge- which she actually has.

It was a quick hire because it needed to be. She reports to the AD, not to Mark.

As for the topic of this thread - yes. I’m hoping he gets a LB or DC role on Scott Frosts Nebraska staff. The buy out gets taken care of and we go aggressively after an offensive mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

I have been saying all year, the kids are no longer playing Farley is going to retire. We are on the cusp but we need some change. We have the talent.

We never had the DBs to win this game in good weather.
    I have been on panthernation for years and marvel at how you and clenz always bitched about Lakes being stupid, you guys are being stupid.” -Woody Hayes

***hold my beer***

“My name is Rick Milks, I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and I seem to have a dude that is in love with me. I am 1988 on Panthernation and I have had seats in section R, in the front row in the UNI Dome for 25 years.” - Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Panthers1995 View Post
    I have been saying all year, the kids are no longer playing Farley is going to retire. We are on the cusp but we need some change. We have the talent.
    Talking with some other people and a few names floated out that I really liked. One of them was Tom Manning who is the OC at Iowa State.

He makes 350k now. Give him Farley’s deal and make him the HC. What he’s done with ISU and Toledo before that is nuts. Put an offensive mind with the talent we have and let it run.

"People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

I knew Mark back in day so I'm biased but IMO this was a transition year due to all of the changes on the coaching staff so my expectations were lower and this team exceeded them. Next year is more important to knowing where the program is headed.

I was also there when they pushed Mudra out to make room for Earle Bruce and that was a huge mistake. This doesn't mean that you don't make a change but it does mean that you need to understand the risk that the change could backfire and the program could go backwards.

If there is a change, what about Paup coming back from Minnesota?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uni88 View Post

If there is a change, what about Paup coming back from Minnesota?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

From Minnesota? He's learned how to become a loser there, why would you want that.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    From Minnesota? He's learned how to become a loser there, why would you want that.
    He’s been there a year. He was at UNI for 4 years before that.

He makes 100k less than Farley makes.