Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dime Time

I'm better than you...probably

Re: Dime Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Photobucket now wants 300.00 bucks. They can KMA.
    That is what I was referring to and it looked like some others were moving that way and I can see why a bit (small scale) as the volume of pictures that get upped is pretty amazing and that of course raises server costs and so forth. Once I get this one I have fixed up and resorted then it should be able to be kept free for AGS, The FCS Wedge, and CS users for the foreseeable future. Right now it has close to one million pics on it that I am trying to get rid of along with many, many outside free users etc.

I think it will be a pretty good benefit once it is all cleaned up and ready to go. But until then I also had to up the server it is on and so forth and it basically quadripled the former costs I was paying so I get how those things tend to expand quickly.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

Done! Thanks for all the work you do Ursus! It is nice to have a spot to get away for work every now and then.

FCS Master

Done! It’s always my pleasure to help support this lunancy. Great job everyone, now go enjoy an ice cold Natty Ice on me

First Class FCS Ruler

Thanks, Ursus. Happy to thrown on request. You host a good party.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    That is what I was referring to and it looked like some others were moving that way and I can see why a bit (small scale) as the volume of pictures that get upped is pretty amazing and that of course raises server costs and so forth. Once I get this one I have fixed up and resorted then it should be able to be kept free for AGS, The FCS Wedge, and CS users for the foreseeable future. Right now it has close to one million pics on it that I am trying to get rid of along with many, many outside free users etc.

I think it will be a pretty good benefit once it is all cleaned up and ready to go. But until then I also had to up the server it is on and so forth and it basically quadripled the former costs I was paying so I get how those things tend to expand quickly.
    They went from a free site to 300.00. I mean their not even being reasonable.

It will be nice to have a different site that will 3rd party host so we can post pixs elsewhere as well.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

I've always just used imgur and grabbed the image link from there, but I'm up for trying whatever you get rolling with.
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

"Time is money; Money is power; Power is pizza; Pizza is knowledge. Let's go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    They went from a free site to 300.00. I mean their not even being reasonable.

It will be nice to have a different site that will 3rd party host so we can post pixs elsewhere as well.
    Yes, that is definitely a "we don't want you no mo around here so gtfo" type of pricing plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    I've always just used imgur and grabbed the image link from there, but I'm up for trying whatever you get rolling with.
    Yes and as I mentioned it will also work nice for any linking you want to do. As you know it's tough when you have a large volume of pics on a blog to choose from from several different users/authors etc. and this will let everyone have their own as well.
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."

Thank you again to all who have pitched in and some of you have even said some nice things about me.

You are good dudes/ladies on this board for sure.

They ain't making Micks like Revvy Lava anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    Thank you again to all who have pitched in and some of you have even said some nice things about me.

You are good dudes/ladies on this board for sure.
    They were lies.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevSFA View Post
    you are the Nickelback of AGS
    Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    Ok, you are in deep freaking trouble, that is the worst personal insult hurled my way since I got on this board.

AGS FCS Expert

Ursus, where do you host?

Do you have to pay outbound bandwidth charges? That's what's costing Photobucket (and other image hosts as well) lots of money these days.

2011, '12, '13, '14 & '15 National Champions